Engine Diagram 2009 2.0 CRD Journey RT

rossjenelle

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had a labelled engine diagram for the 2.0l CRD used in 2009 Journeys. If not could you tell me what the hose in the attached picture is, the hose just to the right of the oil dipstick, the larger of the two.

Thanks

post-13187-0-93898900-1457962026_thumb.j

Edited by rossjenelle

Righto,

The hose is the one seen in the picture that is just right of the dipstick with the pronounced metal collar. It appears to travel under the horizontal hose. Looking into the engine bay it appears the hose is about 50/60cm in length before it joins to a hard plastic pipe that goes on to the front bottom right hand side (sort of looks like it finishes behind the fog light position). Unfortunately I am recuperating from some surgery and cannot get under the car to get a better look. I do need to replace it but as the CRD is as rare as chicken teeth in Brisbane there are not too many places I can go where they will know what it is. So a name means I can order online.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Boost hose?

Yes, I think it's boost (turbo) hose. It's not an expensive part (less than 100 € here).

rossjenelle, can you see a groove in the hose? Mine had to be replaced for that reason. Unfortunately, I didn't do it myself, and forgot to tell to the mechanic that new hose should be covered (2 layers, at least) with tape, doing so, new hose will last longer.

For some reason I cannot reply to the other thread that you started regarding engine/part compatibility between Jeep/Dodge parts for your crd engine.

In your searching, have you managed to find the correct part number that you need for the Journey? By just googling the actual part number, it should tell you other vehicles it will fit.