Tyre Pressure

lyndaobi

Hello anyone that can help!!

I have a dodge journey, and recently the tyre pressure light came on, i put air in it - but actually am not really sure what is the correct pressure for the tyres, both front and back, i have looked in my handbook and cannot find it anywhere, please please, please someone help me.

No in all seriousness, does anyone know where i can find this info, or should i just call a dealer???

Thanks in advance x

I have a dodge journey, and recently the tyre pressure light came on, i put air in it - but actually am not really sure what is the correct pressure for the tyres, both front and back, i have looked in my handbook and cannot find it anywhere, please please, please someone help me.

No in all seriousness, does anyone know where i can find this info, or should i just call a dealer???

Thanks in advance x

It depends on the tire. Look on the sidewall of the tire and it will tell you the maximum PSI that you can safely put in the tire. I know that my 19's are maximum 44PSI. I run at 40PSI all of the time.

It depends on the tire. Look on the sidewall of the tire and it will tell you the maximum PSI that you can safely put in the tire. I know that my 19's are maximum 44PSI. I run at 40PSI all of the time.

thanks for that, dont want to sound dumb, but i am trying to be an independent woman - lol - if i look on the side of my tire, will it tell me the size of the tire as well or just a PSI reading?

If you open the drivers door and look on the door sill there is a white placard with the tire specs for your vehicle and your tires. The pressure is located on this sticker. You want to keep the pressures at the recomended pressures to keep the tire pressure monitoring system satisfied.

Good Luck and Happy Motoring...

thanks for that, dont want to sound dumb, but i am trying to be an independent woman - lol - if i look on the side of my tire, will it tell me the size of the tire as well or just a PSI reading?

You can find both informations. For the correct pressure, it is like brwengel said.

Tire-Information-Graphic[1].gif

I hate to disagree with you Sam, but the diagram you provided will tell her the Max Tire Pressure, which is not the same as the recommended pressure, and not what the tire pressure monitor sensors are set at. For example on my Journey with 19" Kumho's the max tire press on the tire is listed at 44 lbs. , but the placard on the door jamb (just above the latch) states that the pressures for front and rear are 34 lbs. At least that's the pressure for my tires and vehicle combo hope this info helps.

I hate to disagree with you Sam, but the diagram you provided will tell her the Max Tire Pressure, which is not the same as the recommended pressure, and not what the tire pressure monitor sensors are set at. For example on my Journey with 19" Kumho's the max tire press on the tire is listed at 44 lbs. , but the placard on the door jamb (just above the latch) states that the pressures for front and rear are 34 lbs. At least that's the pressure for my tires and vehicle combo hope this info helps.

Yeah that's what I was saying. You have the max tire pressure (like the picture says) as well as the tire size. I just read again what I previously said and it is true that it doesn't sound like I was expecting :lol:

The tire recommandation is on the sticker when you open the door (like you explained before), but the max tire pressure is on the tire, as well as the tire size and other information. Sorry for the misunderstand :)

Hello everyone,

thanks for your advice, and i have looked but could not find it - i did it the easy way, as when i finished work yesterday morning my tyre was almost completely flat - so i had to go to the garage and sort it out, turns out i had a nail in it - so now its repaired, the light has gone off, and i know what is the required pressure for both front and back.

cheers x

• 4 months later...

Thanks in advance x

THE INFORMATIOM YOU NEED IS ON THE DRI. DOOR, OPEN THE DOOR LOOK DOWN , NEAR THE BOTTOM...