Picture of Navigation/Backup Cam in Center Stack

I can't seem to find a picture of a unit that has the nav and backup camera in the center stack.

I'm looking at ordering an almost loaded (minus sunroof) SXT; however, I read different things about the center stack.

Some places say that the backup cam is at the top of the stack, but if you have nav system, it shows at the bottom. Same with the maps and stuff.

That to me doesn't make sense, but I'd like to see it for myself.

Thanks,

Brad

I can't seem to find a picture of a unit that has the nav and backup camera in the center stack.

I'm looking at ordering an almost loaded (minus sunroof) SXT; however, I read different things about the center stack.

Some places say that the backup cam is at the top of the stack, but if you have nav system, it shows at the bottom. Same with the maps and stuff.

That to me doesn't make sense, but I'd like to see it for myself.

Thanks,

Brad

hey Brad, the radio with the navigation is unique to the Journey. If you have the backup camera the screen is in the radio but if you have the nav, the screen is where the top stack cubby hole is,... Note the different radio and it IS NOT touch screen,

gallery_30_2_42151.jpg

the entertainment 2 package comes with the 6 disc radio that utilizes the middle knob on the radio and in the center of that knob is the black joystick. The pro with this to me is the screen is up where you want it but the con is that it has a joystick and no touch screen

post-30-1207534022_thumb.jpg

the entertainment 2 package comes with the 6 disc radio that utilizes the middle knob on the radio and in the center of that knob is the black joystick. The pro with this to me is the screen is up where you want it but the con is that it has a joystick and no touch screen

Awesome pictures/explanation. That clears it up for me.

I agree the knob isn't as cool as touch screen.

In general though, can you not use the voice communication so that the knob isn't really an issue?

Do you have any insight into the rear DVD player with regards to the jacks (like headphones) as well as where the AC/Heat controls are?

Thanks again!

Brad

Awesome pictures/explanation. That clears it up for me.

I agree the knob isn't as cool as touch screen.

In general though, can you not use the voice communication so that the knob isn't really an issue?

Do you have any insight into the rear DVD player with regards to the jacks (like headphones) as well as where the AC/Heat controls are?

Thanks again!

Brad

Thank you Brad, I will try and somebody else may chime in to help too.

so here goes,...

Yes, you can use the voice command but I hear it is very slow. I prefer the screen up on the top of the stack IMHO. The radio with regular Back up camera and no Nav works ok too and I also heard that the radio was placed lower than the Heat/air controls because most drivers will rest their hand on the shifter and with a touch screen all you have to do is play without supporting the arm so to speak, now I have read that in one of the reviews from Dodge where who knows and can't remember. I only read it once.

now as for the headphone jacks, they are IR wireless, and the heat/air controls are either adjusted from the front center stack just below the controls for the front and also the controls are mounted on the rear DVD console for persons who want to adjust the rear temp and their zone. Problem is they are too far away for little hands to reach so this may be a good thing or bad, depending on how you look at it. The best thing to do Brad is do a google search of Dodge Journey and click on images, there are a swack of different images, but right now, here is the controls on the DVD console

Thanks. I was wondering how mine would look w/out the navigation. I like it better on the bottom. It doesn't take away the extra storage. The radio looks weird at first on the bottom, but when I test drove one, I realized why they did it. When you drive, you rest your hand on the shifter, which is inches away from the controls. Plus, I got controls on the steering wheel.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...