Fault codep0520 on dodge journey

ozczar

Moved to the correct section. The forum help and suggestions section in which you posted in is for reporting forum issues, not vehicle specific technical issues.

The code is a big deal unless you have verified your oil level. There have been a few instances of a faulty oil pressure switch causing this code. Get yourself a code reader so you don't have to wait to bring it to the dealer to have the code read, or take it by a parts store. It's most likely a faulty sensor, but at least make sure you have the oil at the proper level before driving. Is the dealer going to fix I? Did you ask them if it was a big deal to drive it for 4 days with the code on?

It is also helpful to the group if you state the year, engine and mileage of the vehicle.

This is an oil level code I assume, based on jkeaton's reply? Was the light blinking?? This is probably the easiest indicator to tell you whether or not it is okay to drive the vehicle (and it should state this in your OWNER'S MANUAL). If the light is blinking, turn off the vehicle immediately. If it is a solid light, get it checked ASAP, but it is okay to drive the vehicle in the meantime. I would agree that this is probably a faulty sensor, but make sure your oil level is correct.