Rear Screen from the DVD entertainment package

Hi Guys,

So I briefly turned on the rear screen to verify that is was working when i put in the dvd. I noticed that the screen quality was not that great. Even when compared to the small display in the front.

I guess it is safe to assume that the screen is not HD. It was kind of disappointing that its 2016 and the car screen is still not HD.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I can live with the low res of the rear screen. However I cannot figure out how to make the rear screen to display true full screen 16:9 (or full screen anything with out the picture been stretched sideways).

When I play a 16:9 DVD, the front screen will show top and bottom black lines, and supposedly the rear should "automatically zoom-in" to eliminate the black lines to archive full screen.

I can only assume the in-dash DVD is sending 4:3 to the rear screen even the DVD itself supports 16:9, or it didn't recognize the DVD as such.

Could some one provide insight? or is there some specific DVD needed in order to archive full screen 16:9 (for the rear screen) without the black lines? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...