Kahtec Brake Flasher

I pulled the third brake light on my 2016 DJ. Neither wire feeding the light tests out to ground at 12v so I don't know which is hot. Funny thing is there is a reading between the two wires feeding the light of 21. Thought my tester was good. One wire is Blue/black and the other green/white. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Edited by Johnnyh

If I was looking at it, I'd make the educated guess that the black wire is ground and white is hot. Try it out -- if I was wrong, flip it and try again. Silly question, but was someone stepping on the brake pedal while you were checking for the hot wire? I'm assuming there was.

DHH3, your 2014 is the car you did the brake flasher on I guess? Was the third brake light LED and did it have a two wire male clip with two thin wires one white / green and one black. I have three inches of wire to work with at the body hole for the light. Planned on prying off the trim above the tailgate inside for the wiring but wanted to get it straight first. I have one chance to make it right as the splices need to be installed and the power needs to be correct to feed the brake blinker control. Then the hot needs to be cut between the splices. The installation is simple but I want to be sure so i'm not out in the garage soldering a mistake back together on a car with 1000 miles on it. I do appreciate your help. I work on buildings and have owned and built Harley's and hotrods since I was 16 but auto wiring in new cars is new to me. Thanks

My third brake light is LED. You are correct: not much wire to work with. I usually solder, then tape off any connections that I make. I just pulled the wires out as far as I could, and used their plastic splicers. I just took a wild stab at the black being ground! Lucky guess.