Just ordered a Journey!

jt325i

My wife and I put in an order for a 2009 Dodge Journey yesterday. We decided on a Deep Water Blue Pearl SXT AWD with convenience group 1 and satellite radio. Current estimated delivery is mid August. (Located in Canada) It's unclear if we will get a 2009 or a 2010 at the same price. The dealer had 4 SE Journeys on the lot a week ago and had sold them all when we came in. She's upgrading from a 2005 Dodge Neon so it'll be quite a change.

We too upgraded from a 2000 Chrysler (as sold in the UK) Neon. Great little car with no problems for all the 8 years we had it. We just needed something bigger so got a Deep Water Blue R/T Diesel, and have been very happy with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well some bad news. Today got a call from the dealer. No more 2009's (at least AWD) being built. For 2010 they are not offering the SXT trim with AWD. You have to move up to an RT to get AWD. Currently the salesman is checking with his boss to see what they can do for us. (We ordered 2 weeks ago and put down a $250 deposit). I really hope Chrysler can do something to make this right. The difference is about $2500 MSRP more for an RT. Wife didn't really want leather and it's quite a bit extra money. If they can't compensate somehow we may end up cancelling our order.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...