trany dip stick for 2014 dodge journey.

daddyRT

The Nitro did not have a tranny dipstick either. There was a hole for it, and the dipstick from a 3.7 Dakota would work. There may be a plug for a dipstick. The dealers test the amount of fluid in the transmission electronically now. They think that we are too stupid to do it ourselves.

The dealer does it with monitoring trany temp and by measurement on the dip stick and then look at a graph they have marked with temperature scale on one side and measurements on the other side and they tell you if it's good low or full. I'm trying to find a picture to post here for you to see.

• 7 months later...

I have a 2009 I recently purchased used. The trans shifts hard on occasion when taking off from a complete stop. Dealer claims it's normal thought this ain't my first Dodge/Chrysler product nor my first rodeo so I went to check trans level and no dipstick. I'll probably get a tranny flush and filter but also want a dipstick. I'm now at 101000 miles. Thoughts?

I have a 2009 I recently purchased used. The trans shifts hard on occasion when taking off from a complete stop. Dealer claims it's normal thought this ain't my first Dodge/Chrysler product nor my first rodeo so I went to check trans level and no dipstick. I'll probably get a tranny flush and filter but also want a dipstick. I'm now at 101000 miles. Thoughts?

Sounds like a good start.

• 1 month later...

I'm experiencing the hard down shift now and some times shifting up.  Never did that before.   Dealer time for some warranty work...

On Sunday, May 29, 2016 at 0:54 PM, dhh3 said:

You could have the transmission reflashed to bring it back to factory specs. Then you drive it for a while and it will "learn" your driving style.