HID projector headlight replacement

Hi guys so I've been reading on these threads about hids and projectors and such and I'm so confused sorry if this is being repeated but I found some headlights on eBay and am thinking of buying them but I'm not sure if I should does anyone have any experience with these are they just plug and play? Are they hard to install? I am not a do it yourself person so ya just wondering thanks

post-10787-0-31746500-1444327128_thumb.j

post-10787-0-92795600-1444327146_thumb.j

Edited by jjflores

They are made by Eagle Eyes, an OEM supplier. The white "L" shaped piece with the oval actually lights up. If you look at the back of the assembly posted on ebay, there are 2 wires going no where. I'm guessing that these are the wires for the white light, and you could hook them up any way you want; with your parking lights or fog lights.

I bought a set of Eagle Eyes for my Nitro and they were around $250. They were halo/projectors. They were plug and play except for the Halos. I wired them into the side marker lights so they came on as soon as I turned my lights on. Some guys used them as DRLs, as the Nitro did not have them. But, they had to wire a switch mounted on the dash.

If these are similar to the ones I purchased for my Nitro, then they would be plug and play. But, I'm not spending $375.00.

Edited by dhh3

Those are plug and play, but they are designed for halogen bulbs. You could still install HIDs in them if you'd like, but you risk ruining them from the heat of the bulb (can't say for sure that it would ruin them, but there is a slight risk). While I would normally suggest using a projector designed for HID bulbs, I would definitely recommend using something like this over throwing bulbs in your oem reflector headlights. Eagle Eyes makes decent products, but make sure the seller is willing to take returns as I have had issues with the insides of them being broken upon delivery before.

I can take both my headlights out in 10 minutes. Pull out all the clips on top and three or four in the fender. Two screws 10mill on either side where the bumper connects to the fender. And once you get those four screws out yoyll hVe room to pull the lights

Must have had your bumper off a lot... It took me forever to finagle it out and the clips behind the grill at the bottom are hard to reach with my massive Popeye arms. I'm sure the second time it would go quicker, but the first time everything was very tight and a pain to get to...

• 3 weeks later...