Just came back from holiday, key fob will not start the vehicle or unlock it

Hi just back to airport to collect my car, it will not start, it's asif the battery inside the fob as gone as it won't open / lock either, it's like the immobiliser is "stuck on" the key will not interact with the car.... But the horn sounds, alarm goes off etc ! Definitely power at the vehicle side but immobiliser will not let the vehicle switch on, will this really be down to the key fob battery dying ??? My vehicle is uk model, 2.0 diesel auto, 2009/59 plate , please help I'm stranded with 4 children thank you in advance

Hi, one week only, I actually think maybe the airport parking place could have left something on ... Run battery down, charged it up before we returned and maybe the keys have un programmed ...!!?? Seems strange I got my bro in law to bring the spare key, it opened & locked the car ... Lights etc came on but no sign of it even trying to start as if it could not get passed the immobiliser !!! Locked steering wheel, locked in park etc !!! Tow truck guy seems to think the same too ! Anyone had this or similar problems ? I've read about the WIN module but why would that just occur when the car was perfect until we gave the parking guys the key !! Thanks everyone all input appreciated

• 1 month later...

Had The Same Thing Happen MULTIPLE occasions. The first occurrence being when we drive to Florida for a week stay at the beach. Just spent all day and come back later afternoon to pack up the dj and start the car. Insert the FOB and Dash lights came on but no crank. My wife was more shocked than me. I was calm. A COUPLE TURNS OF THE KEY And hitting the brake to move the shifter thru neutral and back to park solved it. Later learned the key fobs have the transponder chip in it that carries the skim code to bypass immobilizer. The fobs we got with the dj were used and abused. So I think WIN

Module in the DJ acts up occasionaly.

The key fobs should still turn over the vehicle even if the little coin battery is low or taken out.