I found Black ice detailer is great for a painted black DJ, no water spots

Billy Billy

Black is the hardest paint color to keep clean and water spot free I have ever had on cars and I have had 3 black cars to date with the 2015 dodge journey being my third black painted car and I am sure all know their hard as hell to clean but once their clean, their wicked looking classy looking etc ! I have not had it washed yet since I took it from the dealer, the dealer didn't wash it but that is OK cause they have a car wash and I don't want their car wash messing up my paint anyways. My last truck the GMC Sierra I traded in for this DJ was black too and I would take it though car washes, big mistake , i soon had swirl marks on the paint from what I assume was the car wash brushes were dirty and leaving the swirl marks so on this DJ, I have decided I will only wash this by hand or if I do a car wash, only the touchless one but those really only knock the top layer of dirt off so their a waste of money IMO if the car is more then dusty. Anyways I live in a apartment and I brought a bucket sponge and found a self service wash bay that no one uses, I only needed the water , pressure washer. I fill the bucket up and scrub it by hand with my clean sponge vs their wash brush which I am afraid might have dirt in the brush and would scratch my paint up. I have had that happen to my gmc as well as my 2012 dodge avenger which both got scratches and swirl marks from the wash bay wash brush . Anyways back to the topic, I wanted to also make sure I had no water spots as well as I want this car to look as good 2 years from now as it does now and i found the black ice by turtle wax really does a awesome job . My DJ is glossy shinny after using Black ice detailer on it. I def will use the black ice wax on it as well before winter sets in !

Anyhow I used Black Ice Detailer by turtle wax, it did a great job and left no water spots. Well worth the 9.99 price I paid at autozone . Only problem I have now is I can feel the chrome rims have like a layer of dirty film on them, they look clean to the eye but on my hand I can tell the chrome is dirty to touch , almost like over spray , any one know a good product to use on the chrome rims to clean them good ?

Edited by Billy Billy

Your chrome rims are actually an aluminum wheel with plastic chrome cladding glued on, so you have to be careful to get a product that is specifically made for plastic chrome. If the chrome itself has started to discolor, you may not be able to fix it, without replacing the wheel. When I was on the Nitro forum, a lot of the members were getting their wheels replaced by Chrysler because of the lousy chomeing process.

Edited by dhh3

Your chrome rims are actually and aluminum wheel with plastic chrome cladding glued on, so you have to be careful to get a product that is specifically made for plastic chrome. If the chrome itself has started to discolor, you may not be able to fix it, without replacing the wheel. When I was on the Nitro forum, a lot of the members were getting their wheels replaced by Chrysler because of the lousy chomeing process.

Hey thanks for the reply. there is no discolor on the rims, as they only had 355 miles when I felt just a dirty film feeling when you run your hand over them like if you ever ran your hands over something that had over spay from a can of spray paint. I just used water and soap to wash them. I will have to look into some rim cleaner then for these type of chrome rims! thanks for the heads up on the chrome color problem some Chrysler owners faced , I hope my problem was just from using only water and soap!

Edited by Billy Billy