Lights on after hub assembly change out

Hey guys,

I have a 2009 Journey i guess RT. It's a base model 4 cyl. Well, i this pass week end i changed out my hub assembly (bearings). Mine did not come with a ABS cable, but the one i took off did not have one either. A coupe hours after I changed them out, my ABS, ESP, and traction control lights came on. They still remain on. Nothing much to changing the bearings, just curious if anyone knows why the Christmas tree has lit up? Thanks so much guys,

I don't know. I'm too new to the DJ to know much about it. But, it would be located behind the hub, where it can read the rotational speed of the wheel. With these lights on, your Cruise Control will not work either.

Edited by dhh3

Cruise control has nothing to do with wheel speed sensors. Wheel sensors are used pretty much exclusively for traction control and ABS (as far as I know - I am not a professional mechanic).

I assume you replaced the front wheel hub/bearing assembly. If you replaced the rear hubs, it's still the same idea for inspecting the issue.

Put the Journey back on stands and remove the wheels (you did replace the hub/bearings in pairs, right?) For front brakes, you are looking for two lines - one is the hydraulic brake line and is obvious, the other will be an electrical cable). For rear brakes, you'll also see the parking brake cable (which is, again, obvious when you see it). If you find the electrical cable, disconnect and reconnect it.

The first stop I would make would be to get the code read (almost certain to be a wheel speed sensor, so it might not help you directly, but there is always a chance that it's something else.)

IT was a front hub assembly. I did replace one side, not the other. I did not see any kinds of cables other than the brake line. What or where is the wheel sensor? I did have a valve stem replaced and they took out the sensor there to save me $70 lol.

I do believe the wheel speed sensors are not part of the hub. It shows up as a separate part on rock auto . Look one the back of the whole hub rotor brake assembly you should see it . Also it would help a lot to put a code reader on the obd2 port to point to which hub is tripping the code.

Look at rockauto and you will find a listing for the part along with a good picture of it . You could also ask the auto parts store to show what it looks like .