What Jack to purchase?

pjiv

I have a HEAVY Journey. 2014 Crossroad AWD V6 with Towing package.

Is a 3 TON floor jack sufficient? Also what are you guys using? I was looking into High Lift Jacks, they are less than a floor jack, and I will be using Jack Stands after I raise it. I'm not doing a lot just brake lubrication and changing the brakes when needed. Maybe tire rotations but that is about it. Everything else is done.

Thanks!

I was just thinking about this the other day at HF... I have an aluminum "Racing Jack" (I swear, it's in the low 12s!) that I bought to fit under my Special (1/2" factory lowering springs, and 1/2" lower fascias and rocker panels), however it only lifts about 13 or 16" I think. Barely enough to get the tires off the ground lifting from the pinch weld. I might get the low profile steel jack from HF that lifts to 20" and is much longer. Hopefully it doesn't crush my rocker panels like the "Racing" jack does... the pinch weld is an inch above the rocker panels and they flex a lot with my current jack.

Can someone POST GOOD pictures of where to LIFT the front and rear of the vehicle? I do not mean the jack points, as that is where my jack stands will go. I want to be able to go under the car for maintenance and do brake service on the front and then rear. I have an AWD model if that helps. Thanks! All the manual states is the normal jack points. Thanks in advance, and I did purchase a new jack, the old one failed, blew a seal.