new journey owner in maryland

wguethler

rented an SUV for a long road trip vacation. A 2014 Dodge Journey. I thought : great , a piece of junk dodge. hope it makes the trip! I had never even heard of a Journey before, and peeked inside. Surprise! somehow it looked bigger inside than out, power everything, the 8.4 uconnect, and my favorite storage everywhere! We put about 1200 miles on it in a weekend with 3 adults and 2 kids in boosters, and this thing is smooth powerful and comfortable as can be! As soon as we got home, I started shopping thinking that a decent used one would be around 30k, but reality put my dream car at half that. Then some dealerships started telling me that the V6 AWD versions i wanted for 15k or less was a Unicorn. Now im driving my unicorn. 2011 journey AWD 3.6L. I love this car, and I really can't remember ever saying that except about my 01 ram cummins.

I did plenty of research on it and know the brake problem. This one showed bad front brakes on test drive, and dealer fixed it before I bought it.

William

Welcome to the forum. Did your dealer just fix the brakes or add the bigger front brakes from the newer models? Note: don't park it in Baltimore! Someone may want to use it to roast marshmellows!

You actually got to test one before you bought it. I bought mine because of the color; then I test drove it. I should have had my Dealer look around for one in the same color with heated seats and AWD. But, I love it anyway; there is only one thing I absolutely hate about mine. Dodge, in their infinite wisdom, removed the 30 gig HD from the radio. Infuriating. Loading music used to be easy. Now, it is a long, drawn out process that never seems to work. It took me about 3 months to get my SD card to work like an iPod. My iPod refuses to work in this thing!

Edited by dhh3

Welcome to the forum. Did your dealer just fix the brakes or add the bigger front brakes from the newer models? Note: don't park it in Baltimore! Someone may want to use it to roast marshmellows!

You actually got to test one before you bought it. I bought mine because of the color; then I test drove it. I should have had my Dealer look around for one in the same color with heated seats and AWD. But, I love it anyway; there is only one thing I absolutely hate about mine. Dodge, in their infinite wisdom, removed the 30 gig HD from the radio. Infuriating. Loading music used to be easy. Now, it is a long, drawn out process that never seems to work. It took me about 3 months to get my SD card to work like an iPod. My iPod refuses to work in this thing!

Why don't you just put your music on a USB stick? It works perfectly!

Tried that too. It may be due to the fact that I use iTunes. According to Uconnect, it is compatible with iOS7.1. My iPod is 7.1, but refuses to work properly. I want my 30 gig HD back. My SD Card finally works like the iPod should, but now I have to figure out how to add music to it. I'll have to get another card to experiment with. I don't want to screw up what I already have!