Uconnect and iPhone 5 (and other issues)

I have 2014 Dodge Journey - purchased in Oct 2014. I have 2 issues with my audio/uconnect:

1. My voice response calling has never worked (even though in my previous Journey I never had an issue). Silicone Sally keeps saying "I'm sorry I do not understand that command" (I have tried different commands "call", "dial")
  2. When my iPhone is connected either Bluetooth or through the cable -
    • the sync between the music and the display is mismatched (Song playing does not match what is displayed on screen)
    • cannot use the "browse" button on the screen - my music is just never updated there (says it is compiling but never does)
    • when I select a song on the phone, a different one plays on the player

My local dealership has done a download update - no change. Today they installed a new radio system - still no change. They are now going to call engineering at Chrysler.....

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

Thanks,

Kate

• 1 month later...

I am kind of curious about this post. Ever since I had my Bluetooth module fixed, I have always been able to listen to music on my stereo through my phone, but while doing it through Bluetooth, it just shows "Devin's iPhone" on the screen. No track information or options to browse music. Should it list the track playing on the screen???

I am kind of curious about this post. Ever since I had my Bluetooth module fixed, I have always been able to listen to music on my stereo through my phone, but while doing it through Bluetooth, it just shows "Devin's iPhone" on the screen. No track information or options to browse music. Should it list the track playing on the screen???

Nope

Sorry, but yes they should. Uconnect only supports iOS only up to 7.1. I gave up on my iPod, and use a SD card. I finally figured out how to make the SD card perform as an IPod or iPhone should. All my songs show as a list. I can separate the list by Artist or Album or song. I can create my own play lists, say with all albums by the same artist. Then I just hit the Shuffle button. The name of the song displays, along with its associated album and the year it came out. If the art file is an Apple file, the generic music note will display. Otherwise, the album art displays. Also, a "play similar' feature is there. This will take me out of the play list and continue playing related songs: rock, soft rock, country, etc. I can search by artist, album or use the alphanumeric key pad to search. I wasted $ buying the iPod (iOS7.1!) when the music would not correctly play with my iPhone. The SD card is OK for now. All I need to do is to figure out how to add new songs. All this is based on having the 8.4. I just put iOS 8.4.1 on my iPhone, iPod, and iPad. So, Uconnect has a way to go to catch up with Apple. I talked at length with both Uconnect and Apple and got nowhere. So, I just figured it out by myself!

Rather than trying to play via Bluetooth, try using the USB port and see what you get.

None of this would be going on if Dodge had kept the 30gig HD, and scrapped the damn SD slot. Gee, have I said this before?

Edited by dhh3

Sorry, but yes they should. Uconnect only supports iOS only up to 7.1. I gave up on my iPod, and use a SD card. I finally figured out how to make the SD card perform as an IPod or iPhone should. All my songs show as a list. I can separate the list by Artist or Album or song. I can create my own play lists, say with all albums by the same artist. Then I just hit the Shuffle button. The name of the song displays, along with its associated album and the year it came out. If the art file is an Apple file, the generic music note will display. Otherwise, the album art displays. Also, a "play similar' feature is there. This will take me out of the play list and continue playing related songs: rock, soft rock, country, etc. I can search by artist, album or use the alphanumeric key pad to search. I wasted $ buying the iPod (iOS7.1!) when the music would not correctly play with my iPhone. The SD card is OK for now. All I need to do is to figure out how to add new songs. All this is based on having the 8.4. I just put iOS 8.4.1 on my iPhone, iPod, and iPad. So, Uconnect has a way to go to catch up with Apple. I talked at length with both Uconnect and Apple and got nowhere. So, I just figured it out by myself!

Rather than trying to play via Bluetooth, try using the USB port and see what you get.

None of this would be going on if Dodge had kept the 30gig HD, and scrapped the damn SD slot. Gee, have I said this before?

Thanks ddh! This is very useful! I have always wondered it, because when I hook my iPhone up via the USB jack, it does show all the tracks. As well as when I use a USB stick, or CD (I have yet to try the SD slot). My son has an older iPod that we can't upgrade to iOS 8, so maybe I will try that and see if it comes up. If it does, I could always use that strictly for the DJ, and just load a bunch of songs onto it.

Now... you mentioned a HD in the Journey.... my mind has been blown! Is this still possible as an aftermarket add-on to the Journey? Because I would totally do that instead. Or would it be a whole lot easier using my old 30 GB iPod and hooking it up through the USB?

DHH3

what program do you use to copy to Sd card or USB drive as my 2014 Crossroads don't work with my OLD 2104 ram Sd or USB hard drives mediawhich Icopied using WIn 7 I final got an Cd to play after finalizeing the CD. The dealer or Uconect coulldn't tell me either . My Crossroads is 3..6 liter Fwd.MY RADIO IS A R5B option my RAm was R5A. I tried to copy both .WMA and MP3 files, neither worked .

Thanks ddh! This is very useful! I have always wondered it, because when I hook my iPhone up via the USB jack, it does show all the tracks. As well as when I use a USB stick, or CD (I have yet to try the SD slot). My son has an older iPod that we can't upgrade to iOS 8, so maybe I will try that and see if it comes up. If it does, I could always use that strictly for the DJ, and just load a bunch of songs onto it.

Now... you mentioned a HD in the Journey.... my mind has been blown! Is this still possible as an aftermarket add-on to the Journey? Because I would totally do that instead. Or would it be a whole lot easier using my old 30 GB iPod and hooking it up through the USB?

The old MyGigs had a 30 gig HD built into them. Dodge, in their infinite wisdom, removed it from these new radios. The radio is the only thing in my DJ that I absolutely hate. It took not quite 2 minutes to load a CD onto the HD. Absolutely no issues. I could also load pictures, so I could have my picture of the day!

Edited by dhh3

DHH3

what program do you use to copy to Sd card or USB drive as my 2014 Crossroads don't work with my OLD 2104 ram Sd or USB hard drives mediawhich Icopied using WIn 7 I final got an Cd to play after finalizeing the CD. The dealer or Uconect coulldn't tell me either . My Crossroads is 3..6 liter Fwd.MY RADIO IS A R5B option my RAm was R5A. I tried to copy both .WMA and MP3 files, neither worked .

Before I do a lot of typing, do you use iTunes?