1st Road Trip 09

crh47

Well, we just got back from our first big road trip, or Journey, of thte year...my cousins wedding in south Texas. It was a 14 hour drive one way. We left Thursday and returned Sunday. I'm give out, but the Journey did well. Averaged just over 23 mpg with an average speed of around 70. Put 1,600 miles on it over the entire weekend. We have two kids, 3 years and 1 year old. We plugged the laptop in to the outlet so the 3 yr old could watch Dora. Seats were comfortable over the entire trip...no soreness. Had plenty of cargo room. I like being able to stand suitcases up and still able to reach cooler. Cooler in dash stayed cool enough to keep grapes cool, but not soda cans. Coolers in floor are better suited for storage, as the ice melts within 2-3 hours. Sirius radio is a must for road trips.

Overall, I was impressed with the Journey. It is definitely a great road trip vehicle. Just thought I would share.