MyGIG Video Override

Anyone figured out a way to play video on the MyGig while the vehicle is in motion (yes, I know it is illegal). Just curious! I have seen units that cost around $300 that will do it - but I am certain there HAS to be some sort of override "code". :unsure:

yes, if someone knows how to override that, it would be great to have, kid in the center and passenger get some entertainment. steve

There is the lockpick for doing all kinds of locked features. Go to You Tube and type in MyGig in the search menu. There is a guys who has a Caravan and showed how to do it but some of his comments say it doesn't work for them. Be worth a try if you have the same set up, Let us know if it works. The guy had a DVD playing while the vehicle was on. He pushed the Audio (I think) button when that screen came up, he put the vehicle in Drive and while in Drive he went back to the DVD and it was playing <_<

Don't know if it will work for but let us know either way would be great

Rob

i did discover that the older systems could be bypassed, i suppose everyone ought to try to see if your respective vehicle will work mine would not.

here is what works on older models w/mygig:

turn on vehicle

start dvd movie

push watch video while still in park

now push audio button

shift into drive

then select done on audio screen

the machines that havent been fixed will start playing the movie

apparently the journey has the bug fixed

also, try the same procedure w/the menu button

steve

• 6 months later...

I have an '09 SXT FWD in IL. My video was completely disabled in my REN MyGig. I took it to the dealer and asked the service guys to Starscan tool it and they did, making videos play while in park (which is legal in other states, but I guess IL says no video screen in the front seat, period?). Anyway, on a subsequent trip, I asked my accomodating service guys to see if they could make the video run while in motion. They were great to try, but told me if I had the upgraded MyGIG with nav, it could be done. But not on the non-nav REN model. Oh well, worth a try!

ab

• 1 month later...

I admit its cool to be able to watch a movie in the car, but it rarely gets used being that you can only do it in park. I go to the car sometimes at lunch and sit and watch, but have to be careful as I lose track of time! Now that the screen is enabled, my son wants me to throw it in park at every red light. sigh

I admit its cool to be able to watch a movie in the car, but it rarely gets used being that you can only do it in park. I go to the car sometimes at lunch and sit and watch, but have to be careful as I lose track of time! Now that the screen is enabled, my son wants me to throw it in park at every red light. sigh

There is a device that will allow you to do that. It's about $300 however.

Here is there web site.

http://www.coastaletech.com/MYGIG.htm

If that's the case, I'm real glad my Journey came from MI rather than hear in IL.

It's illegal to watch a video in Michigan while driving, but not in park. My Mygig with Nav and rear screen works great. I'm considering the lock pick because it is impossible to change any movie setting or start location for young kids sitting in the back without killing yourself arching your back over the front seat to see it in the rear screen.