Proof the Dealer Lied!

sdeveau

I had my Journey in to look at the brakes because they were squealing so badly I was embarrassed!

The first time I took it in, they told me they were just dirty, so they cleaned them and that should do it. I had suspicions about them "cleaning" the brakes because using the brakes does just that.

Of course, the squealing was still there.

I took it in a second time to have them look at the brakes. This time I received a call from the Service Manager asking me where my locking wheel nut was. Now, it's always been in the same place, and shouldn't they have known that if they worked on them the last time?

So I told him where it was and asked "Just out of curiosity, how did you get the wheels off the last time if you didn't have it?", and there was this pause in his voice like, "shoot she caught us" and he said, "Oh, well, our technician has a 'master' but we like to use the one that came with your vehicle if you have it."

I had to look in that location for something else and found a new package with a note, "Please keep in vehicle". Well, they couldn't have looked very hard because it was under the papers that were under that package.

They put NEW locks on my wheels! Which means they never even bothered to look at my brakes the first time I took it in! They wasted my time and Chrysler's money doing "warranty work" and paying for a rental for me. Plus, they gave me a new set of locking wheel nuts! I know they're new because the old one doesn't fit and they're cleaner than my rims!

I don't know if the incompetence is only at the technician level or if the Service Manager is in on it too but I think it's time for a new dealership! I now have serious doubts that they are qualified to do more intensive warranty work.

Five star service my a**!

No, our dealer is Southbank. We're at about 15,800kms.

If you're asking about Metro, does that mean you wouldn't recommend us going there?

No, I would highly recommend Metro. I have bought 7 vehicles from them since 1987 without a problem.

With everyone having so many problems, it's hard to believe I only had one problem with the radio and that was changed the same day. They changed the reservoir and brake switch when it was in for an oil change without me asking even though I never had a problem with either.

They are a family owned and run business which is rare here in Ottawa where most dealerships are owned by Corporations that also own sereral others.

My Journey is a year old this month and I have 23,000 Km.

Keith

Thank you for the recommendation. This is the second vehicle I've purchased through Southbank. I had my reservations about taking it to their service department because the Service Manager there was a sexist, arrogant, sob.

When I purchased the Journey, I expressed my concerns about their service department, mainly the Manager. They assured me that he no longer worked there and were adamant that they could make me happy. I think the problems trickled down from the old Service Manager, because I'm not getting anywhere with the repairs to my vehicle.

I think we will try Metro, it's close to where I work, so I would actually be able to use their shuttle service. I'm just so annoyed that my wonderful Journey is being treated like a second rate vehicle because the person who signed on the dotted line doesn't have a 'Y' chromosome! I may not know everything about cars, but I know enough to realize when they're trying to pull one over on me. I shouldn't have to send my husband in just so I get their so-called five-star service!

No dice, Chrysler Canada isn't closing any dealerships:

"Mary Gauthier with Chrysler in Windsor, Ontario says the company "has no plans to restructure" its Canadian dealer network and "no plans to rationalize the number of dealers" in this country. She says Chrysler expects the number of Canadian dealerships to "remain relatively stable" at about 450.

One reason for eliminating some U.S. dealerships is that they do not sell all three of the company's brands. But Gautier says "virtually all" of the Canadian dealers handle Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep."

http://www.news1130.com/news/local/more.js...514_180527_8992

• 3 months later...

I went to Southbank Dodge when I was looking to buy my Journey. The Leasing manager was very pushy. The numbers they gave me were $60 more a payment than I got at Kollbec in Gatineau. And Kollbec threw in winter tires when I said I would not buy it without them. Plus I was able to get a thousand dollars off the price. As far as the service, I have no complaints yet. This is the second vehicle we have purchased from them.