Ported throttle body

Totemus

Under the fear being beaten I'm starting this...

Modernmuscleperformance.com offers ported throttle body that will fit 3.6L Pentastar, fitment to DJ confirmed by the manufacturer.

https://www.modernmuscleperformance.com/product/36l-v6-pentastar-ported-throttle-body

My research shows the PTB doesn't impact the HP (there are tons of never ending discussions if it does, but for this topic I assume it doesn't), but improves the throttle response. This is what I will interested in. I'm not looking for being faster on a quarter, but added fun of everyday driving is welcome.

Has anybody here tried or knows who tried the PTB?

Thanks

PS I was not able to start a topic in the Engine section - the forum didn't allow me to. Maybe site security issue? :spiteful:

The problem with giving more air to these motors with a stock tune is the computer is going to compensate and negate any additional cold air flow to keep the fuel curve from running too lean. Unless you have a modified tune that can take advantage of the extra air your giving the motor, you're wasting your money. Now pair that up with a cold air intake and a Trinity tuner with a canned tune. You'll notice a siginifcant difference. It also will adjust the shift points and lock up the torque converter for better off the line performance.

Edited by Antdog24

Thanks for moving it. Its where I supposed the topic belongs but couldn't create the topic.

Was your Dakota carb or injector powered?

Well considering it was a ported "throttle body", yes, fuel injected. 2005 4.7L. I also had a superchips tuner which probably helped.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes they give you a little improvement. I have one. Throttle response is a little crisper but mostly helps in mid-upper range rpm's. Probably would be even better if we had a MAF instead of this stupid air speed density system. And FYI it is the exact same throttle body that comes on the 4.7L V8 with drive by wire.

At almost $300 it is beyond my budget for this mod. I would rather buy the tube off eBay and add the genuine K&N hi flow filter for the total budget less than $80. Why should we pay $200 for a pice of tube, I wonder? Is there any advantage of K&N's vs eBay?

• 2 weeks later...

At almost $300 it is beyond my budget for this mod. I would rather buy the tube off eBay and add the genuine K&N hi flow filter for the total budget less than $80. Why should we pay $200 for a pice of tube, I wonder? Is there any advantage of K&N's vs eBay?

I did the same thing

None whatsoever. They all on the same thing. Look and sound cool.