Cargo space

bfurth

I'd answer this question for myself, but I don't have access to my Journey at the moment.

What is the distance from the back of the front passenger seat to the rear of the cargo area (all rear seats folded down) WITHOUT the fold-flat front seat? Dimensions with front passenger seat moved all the way forward and all the way back would be appreciated.

My mother has a 2007 Saturn Vue that needs (at minimum) two front tires (they're showing the steel belt on the inside tread of the wheels), significant front suspension work (see the horrible wear on the front tires), struts on all four corners, the passenger axle shaft (FWD model), and probably should have the front wheel bearings replaced as well (vehicle has 182,000 miles on it). Suffice it to say, the Vue is shot and needs to be replaced.

There are some good deals going on right now, and I think a Journey would be a good fit for her needs. The cargo capacity (without fold-flat seat) needs to be at least 72" with the hatch closed. She's a seamstress and deals with full bolts of fabric that usually come on 6 foot bolts. In the interest of being able to keep at least one or two other passengers with her when picking those materials up, she needs to know if it would fit. The vehicles that the local dealers have that include the fold-flat front seat might be out of her price range.

Edited by bfurth