Alarm Problems Anyone??

sdeveau

Today (Friday) the dealership has had my vehicle since Monday. I took it into them because on Monday when I left work, I pressed the unlock button on my key fob and the alarm started going off. Now, this has happened twice before and the last time it happened they told me that all I needed to do was put the key in the ignition and it would shut off. That being said, I can only get into my vehicle with the valet key, which they didn't recommend, but the fob wouldn't work. This did work the last time. However, this time when I used the valet key, my alarm started to go crazy, like I was breaking into my vehicle and when I put the key in and turned it on, the alarm wouldn't go off. It only turned off because it timed out.

This is extremely frustrating because it's the third time it's happened. We had a diagnostic done on it the last time, and of course they told us there was nothing wrong with it. The service manager told me, get this, "Well, that shouldn't be happening." Gee, you think??? They said this time they cleaned the wiring and greased it, so that should fix the problem. I'd like to know how they can say they fixed the problem that they can't find....

Has anyone else had a problem with their alarm? Our dealership says they've never heard of this problem before it would be nice if I had some feedback to give them.

I remember reading a few members having this problem. Mine has done it one time shortly after I bought mine. I think the fix was a new key fob. Might have to do a little research on the site. The search feature does not seem to work very well. :banghead:

Trip to the dealership today to pick up our Journey.

They say they found the problem with the alarm; there were loose connections at the module. They said the connections were tightened and the problem should be fixed.

I'm really hoping it is.

Today (Friday) the dealership has had my vehicle since Monday. I took it into them because on Monday when I left work, I pressed the unlock button on my key fob and the alarm started going off.

This just happened to me on Saturday for the first time, after parking the car for 1.5hours for a baseball practice.

Then, just this morning at 7:30, I hit unlock on the fob, and same thing.

Just another thing to argue with the dealership about...

So we got the truck back on Saturday. They said the problem with the alarm was due to loose connections at the module. They tightened them and told us the problem should be gone. I haven't had it happen since, however, it was an intermittent problem to begin with so only time will tell.