iphone 5 music lists via bluetooth, 8.4N

My iphone 5 pairs fine with my 8.4N via bluetooth - I can make phone calls etc. And music will stream if I initiate that by the phone. I can change music tracks (skip ahead or behind one track) with the steering wheel control. But, no voice commands work to control the music in any way, and I don't get any information at all about what is playing or the tracks in the playlist or anything at all about the music on the 8.4 screen. What am I doing wrong? 2014 Journey.

As mentioned you can't get that stuff using Bluetooth, the phone has to be connected through the USB input to get those features. But it it's flakey with iOS7 and broken with iOS8. I'm using Bluetooth as well until an update comes out so I can use the USB input once again.

As mentioned you can't get that stuff using Bluetooth, the phone has to be connected through the USB input to get those features. But it it's flakey with iOS7 and broken with iOS8. I'm using Bluetooth as well until an update comes out so I can use the USB input once again.

I feel like my wife's iOS8 phone works through USB... doesn't display art though...

Edited by Lobitz68

How do you play music via bluetooth? Can you do this when the phone is paired? I took all my music off of my phone, and bought an iPod touch, v7.1. Can they both be paired to Bluetooth at the same time? Bluetooth always asks if this will be the primary phone when pairing.

How do you play music via bluetooth? Can you do this when the phone is paired? I took all my music off of my phone, and bought an iPod touch, v7.1. Can they both be paired to Bluetooth at the same time? Bluetooth always asks if this will be the primary phone when pairing.

The answer is in your owners manual... I believe you can pair numerous devices, but the DJ will pick the primary first if it is trying to connect. You may be able to designate them as music only devices... Again, check your manual.