Adding to the Fuse Box? (Engine Comp)

Hi all, I just upgraded my headlights (both hi and low beams) to Xenon HID lights, I had to use two other things to make this possible, one was a relay harness and the other was a capacitor for the relay. While wiring these up I pulled the top of the engine fuse box off to see if I could add the two relays into the box itself, (there is room and cutouts where the relays DO fit).

I am wondering is there a way to get the connectors and maybe rewire it to have the relays work out of the engine fuse box. (For astatic looks, would look better than the wires and relays hanging out or tucked away).

I was thinking I might be able to get any old dodge fuse box as mine has the layout and markings for diesel engines, other heaters that my car does not have and even one spot for a siren? (Good to know dodge could be used for law enforcement lol). Does anyone know if these are universal? It does look as if I can add the actual wires to the very bottom of the box, I think I just need to sodder connectors into the top portion.

Has anyone any knowledge of these fuse boxes as far as compatibility between dodge models, or about adding fuses and relays?

Edited by Brad Hillis

Hi all, I just upgraded my headlights (both hi and low beams) to Xenon HID lights, I had to use two other things to make this possible, one was a relay harness and the other was a capacitor for the relay. While wiring these up I pulled the top of the engine fuse box off to see if I could add the two relays into the box itself, (there is room and cutouts where the relays DO fit).

I am wondering is there a way to get the connectors and maybe rewire it to have the relays work out of the engine fuse box. (For astatic looks, would look better than the wires and relays hanging out or tucked away).

I was thinking I might be able to get any old dodge fuse box as mine has the layout and markings for diesel engines, other heaters that my car does not have and even one spot for a siren? (Good to know dodge could be used for law enforcement lol). Does anyone know if these are universal? It does look as if I can add the actual wires to the very bottom of the box, I think I just need to sodder connectors into the top portion.

Has anyone any knowledge of these fuse boxes as far as compatibility between dodge models, or about adding fuses and relays?

No idea... I just used the jumper post and wire loomed them to existing wires in the engine bay so that they were hidden.

Well I did a closer look earlier and it appears I would just need to sodder the pins into the top portion, I'm an Aerospace Mechanic so shouldn’t be too difficult for me, just wounding if anyone had any additional insight into this topic.

My advice would be that the TIPM (fuse box) controls a lot of functions in the vehicle and is somewhat more complicated than your typical automobile fuse box. The cost of replacement on one is near the $1,000 (US) if something gets messed up. I'm not saying you're not qualified to perform the task or anything like that, but I don't think that the risk is worth the reward. That is my two cents...