Roof boxes

Hello,

I post some pics of our R/T with a Thule Atlantis 200 roof box. We chose this one because it can handle 75kg with a volume of 440 litres. It weights 17kg and it measures 175x82x45cm so when it is installed you can still see perfectly through the roof window. It can be opened from both sides and it is very easy to install in less than 5 minutes. (It has an inside mechanism called Power-Grip that gets easily in up to 80mm wide roof rack bars, Journey's are 60mm wide).

I think that in the States it has a different name, it is called 686XT - Atlantis 1600 with a capacity of 16 cubic ft.

Cheers :D

6e8b0b2b4d.jpg

1a91f5fc3f.jpg

72f72f3a3b.jpg

ba219e36b4.jpg

Looks good. I have the Mopar soft top carrier. I think it only holds 13 cubic feet. I wanted to get a hard cover, but I just could not justify spending that much money for something I would hardly use.

I am in the same boat you are....I have been considering the Thule soft tops that are waterproof....Like you, i won't be using mine offten enough to justify a hard top one, but there are times where i would need a carrier becuase i would need the people space.

Any suggestions on a quality softtop carrier thats water proof would be appreciated.-

I am in the same boat you are....I have been considering the Thule soft tops that are waterproof....Like you, i won't be using mine offten enough to justify a hard top one, but there are times where i would need a carrier becuase i would need the people space.

Any suggestions on a quality softtop carrier thats water proof would be appreciated.-

The Mopar one I have worked good for keeping the luggage dry. The outside material is a nylon type and the inside is kinda like plastic tarp stuff. It has a flap over the zipper that is secured with some strong velcro. On my trip back home from a 800 mile trip it rained half the way and everything was still dry. I put one large, one medium and one small suitcase in it with a little bit of room to spare. I wasn't too concerned with it getting wet when we came back. On the way down there I wrapped the luggage with garbage bags to make sure it stayed dry.

My suggestion is to get the size you will need and then cover the luggage with garbage sacks too. Should keep it dry. I have also wrapped luggage with garbage sacks and thrown it in the back of a pick-up bed and still kept it dry.