Purchased Today (10/14/14)

RTom

Hi all,

We officially joined the Dodge Journey owner's club today. Purchased a new (only 2 miles) 2014 Dodge Journey AWD Crossroads pretty well loaded from the dealer today. The only things I don't think it came with were the remote start and the back up camera but I have them installing the remote start as part of the negotians.

We've got 4 kids so we needed the extra seating (traded in the wife's 08 Magnum) and have to say that, while definetly not as roomy as my 06 Mega Cab, it is really nice for its size. It will primarily be my wifes DD so I'm happy that its AWD for winter time.

As of now I don't really have too many projects planned for it. I do want to debage it minus the 'DODGE' on the back, put on a CAI, darker tint all around (5-10%) and HID headlights. I do look forward to reading through everyone's posts, learning lots, and coming up with more things to do to it :-)

post-9870-0-04137500-1413339485_thumb.jp

post-9870-0-58050400-1413339492_thumb.jp

Welcome to the forum. We need to start a Crossroad club. I had my dealer add the back up camera as part of my deal. I don't use a remote start because I keep it in the garage. I have yet to see another Crossroad on the road.

Edited by dhh3

When I was purchasing the car, I didn't even think to try to get them to install the back up camera too (I didn't realize at the time that it was fairly straight forward).

She does park it in the garage at night but the remote start is more so for when she works late, especially during the winter so she can get into a warm(er) car.

I've only seen a couple Journey's around here, and don't think Ive seen another crossroads on the road either.

And yes, happy wife happy life ;)

When I was purchasing the car, I didn't even think to try to get them to install the back up camera too (I didn't realize at the time that it was fairly straight forward).

She does park it in the garage at night but the remote start is more so for when she works late, especially during the winter so she can get into a warm(er) car.

I've only seen a couple Journey's around here, and don't think Ive seen another crossroads on the road either.

And yes, happy wife happy life ;)

The installation of the camera was not very easy. The trim panel on the tailgate had to be removed, the left rear third row seat had to be removed, the left rear interior panel had to be removed, and a lot of trim pieces along the left side to hide the wires. The radio screen had to be removed, along with a lot of dash board trim. This is something that I would not want to attempt on my own. The book says 2 hours of labor, so that is all they charged me. My Dealer bought the camera - around $300! The view is awesome; from the top of the rear bumper back. Now, I'm all set for my hitch. I have the oil cooler and the harness back to the spare. I will let my Dealer do this installation also.

The view is awesome; from the top of the rear bumper back. Now, I'm all set for my hitch.

As an added benefit, the backup camera aims right down on the hitch ball, which makes hitching your trailer a quick one-person operation. I get the ball right under the camper in one, maybe two shots.