Tire dealers in Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge

Gas Man

Found a great on line tire and wheels source on line, Simply Tire in Toronto. Was surprised to see tire and wheel packages poste with prices, and a good selection of options.

www.simplytire.com

Does anyone know of an equally good and extensive tire dealers in the Kitchener/Waterloo/ Cambridge area of Ontario, with their tire prices and packages posted on line? Does anyone have any experience with tire dealers in KW/Cambridge?

This was for regular all seasons 225/65/17 Michelin Defender.

I don't use snow tires as I live in Burlington south core plus they

have excellent snow removal,they even plow the sidewalks.

I am retired and if it's that bad the DJ stays in the garage.

Found a great on line tire and wheels source on line, Simply Tire in Toronto. Was surprised to see tire and wheel packages poste with prices, and a good selection of options.

www.simplytire.com

Does anyone know of an equally good and extensive tire dealers in the Kitchener/Waterloo/ Cambridge area of Ontario, with their tire prices and packages posted on line? Does anyone have any experience with tire dealers in KW/Cambridge?

These guys are just a hop, skip and a jump from my place. I'll check them out when needing my tire replacement. Thanks!

If you have a Costco membership, they have great prices. I bought my tires at Costco in Windsor and it was cheaper than going to Detroit when you factored in bridge tolls and fuel.

Rolly,

Since you are close to the border have you ever tried ordering from an online U.S. tire store and have it shipped to a Detroit area installer? I'm sure their would be a huge savings on shipping costs. I've seen a lot of great deals online but many don't ship to Canada. :angry22:

BTW good for Costco staying competitive with our U.S. neighbours.

Edited by Journey_SeXT

• 3 weeks later...

I just put 4 new tires on out the door 725.00 at Active Green & Ross.

They have offices in K-W area,free rotation every 10k/kms.

Ditto on the Active Green + Ross, great and honest service from the owner in Oshawa.

Summer (3 season replacements) http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/topic/5944-new-michelin-latitude-tour-hp-x4/

Winter I went with the Michelin Latitude X-Ice XI2 on 17" rims.

Matthew

Rolly,

Since you are close to the border have you ever tried ordering from an online U.S. tire store and have it shipped to a Detroit area installer? I'm sure their would be a huge savings on shipping costs. I've seen a lot of great deals online but many don't ship to Canada. :angry22:

BTW good for Costco staying competitive with our U.S. neighbours.

I haven't tried it, but I've been tempted. Every time I think about it, my conscience reminds me of the number of people who rely on retail sales to put food on their table. After factoring in the difference in the exchange on Canadian money, fuel and cross border tolls it's not really a significant savings. The one big advantage to buying in the U.S. is the number of tire options available.

Edited by rolly

Yes and explain to the customs cop why you are taking a

blown tire back to the US for a warranty claim.

Why is that illegal? I can see it being an issue paying taxes crossing the Canadian border with new tires but I don't see any issue on the American side getting the warranty work done unless your filling tires with narcotics instead of air.

Yes but I can't see a boarder guard investigating past boarder crossing purchases unless they are looking for a position in the audit dept. of the CRA. If they were to do that line ups at the border would probably reach Toronto.

It's all done by computer now and it only takes a few seconds to do the history. Your time of entry to the U.S. is recorded by photo so they can run your license plate number and they have your details already on the computer screen for the customs officer. They also enter your details on reentry for future reference. Oftentimes they don't bother with small purchases, but I would think that tires being a major expense that could raise a red flag.