New tires today

redtomatoman

So I pulled the trigger on some new tires today before winter. Got Continental ExtremeContact DWS 255/50/19. They are marketed as ultra high performance, all season tires. No rubbing at all. They are quiet and seem to provide a smooth ride. Not going to test the performance until I have at least 100 miles on them. Fairly aggressive tread; almost look like a summer tire. The 255 width is not as dramatic as I thought it'd be, but the extra width looks good,IMO. The circumference keeps the speedometer nearly spot on. My hope is that the extra width will provide some extra traction over the Kumhos. The upshot here is that these 255/50/19s fit the DJ just fine. Similar asymmetric tread to the Firestone Destination ST tires featured in the crossroad photos. Incidentally, I saw a crossroad on my way home from the tire shop, it had kumho 225s on it. Ha.

I posted a few pics in my redtomatoman gallery.

Peace.

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered a set of Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus, P255/50R19. They will be here tomorrow, and I will have them mounted tomorrow. This is the same size tire on the Show Crossroad at the Chicago show, so you made a wise tire size choice. They rate BEST in wet performance and BETTER in snow performance I'm not putting up with the crap Korean Khumos. And yes, they are the same size tire as the rest of the DJs with 19" wheels. :censored: I just turned over 2,000 miles on my Crossroad! According to the Tire Calculator, 65 will now read 65.67 - close enough for me!

Edited by dhh3