Camshaft Sensor vvt 2.4l Code P000b

jon84ae

I have a 2009 Dodge Journey with the vvt 2.4l engine. The engine light recently came on with code P000b. I have replaced the camshaft sensor on the front driver side of the engine (after an hour of looking for it) but the light returned. Upon further investigation I'm told that it's cam shaft sensor b, I'm having trouble finding any diagrams or information on this so if someone from the forum can help I'd be very thankful, also is it the same sensor (part number) that I already replaced or are they different modules?

Thanks!

You have to remove the heat shield to get to the sensor (heat shield is area with bunches of small circles, loosen the long bolt that is shown above the shield).

Cam_Pos_Sensor_2.4L_01.jpg

The p/n is the same for both sensors (68080819AB). However, the diagnostics for P000B do not at all involve changing the sensor...

The diagnostics procedure is complex, but here are the solutions listed in order of probability of cause:

ENGINE OIL DIRTY OR CONTAMINATED

INCORRECT ENGINE OIL VISCOSITY

ENGINE OIL PRESSURE SENSOR OR CIRCUIT

ENGINE OIL TEMPERATURE SENSOR OR CIRCUIT

(F344) FUSED ASD/MAIN RELAY OUTPUT CIRCUIT OPEN OR SHORTED

(K276) VVT EXHAUST CONTROL CIRCUIT OPEN OR SHORTED

VVT EXHAUST SOLENOID

CAMSHAFT 1/2 PHASER

IMPROPER ASSEMBLY OF CAMSHAFT/CRANKSHAFT TIMING CHAIN AND SPROCKETS

HIGH FRICTION IN CAMSHAFT OR OTHER VALVETRAIN COMPONENTS

POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

--Milous

• 5 years later...
2 hours ago, Bru said:

I see above what the code P000B is. Can anyone tell me what the code P0014.

I have changed both cam sensors, and still both codes come up after driven 60 miles.

Thanks

why not goggle it,took me 2 seconds ......P0014 is the OBD-II generic code that the engine control module (ECM) has determined that the bank 1 exhaust camshaft is more advanced than what the ECM has commanded it be. This over-advanced condition could be during advancing or retarding of the camshaft timing.

• Official Dodge Support
2 hours ago, Bru said:

I see above what the code P000B is. Can anyone tell me what the code P0014.

I have changed both cam sensors, and still both codes come up after driven 60 miles.

Thanks

Hi Bru, Sorry to hear you are experiencing this concern, we certainly understand why this would be concerning.  If you are not able to remedy this concern with the advice provided here, I kindly recommend connecting with your local Dodge dealer. If you are in need of any assistance with that process, our team is available via private message.
Rob
DodgeCares