Wheel interchangeability

Neto

Caravan/Town and Coujntry. car-part.com Put in appropriate info......

(First, sorry about double posting this. It didn't seem to be going, and I clicked it again.)

Starting with which generation of the Caravan / Town & Country? I have the wheels from our 2nd gen (1993), but they are 15". I also have a 3rd gen (2000), and while it has 16" x 6" wheels (same size as our Journey), the bolt pattern is smaller. (They interchange with the 2nd gen wheels, so the same bolt pattern.)

I thought that I had read here at some time that people were using wheels off of one of the Jeeps, but I don't recall which, and can't find it again.

OK. The 2008 - 2014 T & C are the 5th generation minvans. According to what I found on the Chrysler minivan fan site, the center bore is 71.5 mm. But the post I found there says that the offset may vary from 35 - 45 mm. I don't know how to verify that, or how to find out what the offset is on my Journey wheels. Is all of this info stamped on the wheel some place? (I'm sort of an old-timer, from back when all MoPar wheels interchanged freely, back before FWD and all of this positive offset stuff.) Or can I find this info in the user's guide? (Anyone else feel that it's hard to find anything useful in there?)

Any 5x5" (or 127mm) high positive offset wheel will work.

OK. The 2008 - 2014 T & C are the 5th generation minvans. According to what I found on the Chrysler minivan fan site, the center bore is 71.5 mm. But the post I found there says that the offset may vary from 35 - 45 mm. I don't know how to verify that, or how to find out what the offset is on my Journey wheels. Is all of this info stamped on the wheel some place? (I'm sort of an old-timer, from back when all MoPar wheels interchanged freely, back before FWD and all of this positive offset stuff.) Or can I find this info in the user's guide? (Anyone else feel that it's hard to find anything useful in there?)

35-45mm offset would fit the category of "high positive offset"... You can always measure your wheels to get the offset you have currently, but it is not necessary. Here is an article describing how to do so. There are a bunch of other good tech articles at the site as well, look around. http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=101