Random Shutoff

crh47

:banghead::censored::angry22::banghead: <_<

Well, I have some bad news. The Journey is at the dealership and we are in a rental. Friday night my wife was heading to a dress rehearsal for a dance recital with the Journey loaded with 3 year old girls. Going down the road at 50 mph, the car suddenly cuts off...electrics and all. My wife had no power steering / brakes. All the lights also went off, creating a very dangerous situation. Thankfully, she was able to wrestle it off the road. Once she got it stopped, she turned the key off and then back on. It cranked right back up. It did it one more time later on that night with me, and believe me those 19 inch wheels are :censored: to turn w/out power steering.

So, Saturday morning I'm at the dealership. My luck, the service dept. is closed now on Sat. and Sun. So, they get me a rental and tell me they will call me when they know something. Wish me luck, guys.

So, I just called the dealership. They found the problem. The (I think I heard this right) tipim module, whatever that is, had a short in it, causing it to shut off. They ordered a new one and I should have it back tomorrow. I'm also having them check a slight knock in the engine and the squeek in the driver's side rear wheel well. I'll update when I know something.

So, I just called the dealership. They found the problem. The (I think I heard this right) tipim module, whatever that is, had a short in it, causing it to shut off. They ordered a new one and I should have it back tomorrow. I'm also having them check a slight knock in the engine and the squeek in the driver's side rear wheel well. I'll update when I know something.

I remember reading something about the squeak. I think it had to do with a rubber grommet on the rear shocks. I know somebody posted up with pics about this issue and was able to fix it.

Well, the squeak is still there, loud and clear. It fustrates me that they kept my car for over a week, replace all the bushings, and then don't even take the time to drive it to make sure they fixed the problem. A little common sense, please.

Makes me mad too. Oh I will replace all these parts and everything will work.....................screw Murphy's law it'll never happen to me. Well guess what? Murphy seems to love mechanics! Last time I went to pick up my car I asked them "Are you sure it is fixed?" Dealer reply "Yes it is done." Guess what? It still leaks and it is worse than before.

Sorry to rant a little bit on your thread crh47. Your post just got me worked up a bit :D

Not a problem Wyoram. I'd be worked up if I had your sunroof issues, also. Mine is mainly just an annoying squeak. At least I don't get soaked every time it rains.

What worries me though is if they guessed on the squeak did they also guess on the cause of it losing power while going down the road? I don't want to think about it.

Hey Sam, sounds like you found the source, but how did you fix it?

Put silicone on the wires where it is attached and a cable tie (tie wrap) to limit the movement of the two cables. You'll see, there is a piece of plastic on the wires where they are attached to the frame (put silicone on them).

Before doing this, if you want to make sure this is the source of the problem, sit in the car, close the door, and ask someone to move the wires at the place it is attached to the frame. If it is the same sound you are complaining about, this is the problem.

I hope this will work for you!