Crossroad Edition

redtomatoman

Something interesting I've noticed is that the red 3-row Crossroad that Dodge pimps around the country with other show-off models has 255-50-19 tires on it, as I saw at Carlisle in July and the Woodward Dream Cruise last Saturday. However the Crossroad that was available for test driving at Carlisle had the standard 225/55/19 junk on it. I honestly can't wait for my factory tires to wear out and hope I can afford Jeep SRT wheels at the same time as new tires when they do. The factory tires and 19" wheels are far too skinny.

Well, my kumhos have performed well and lasted over 41,000 miles. I'm getting close to the wear bars and the penny test shows that my tread is close to 2/32". I can probably get another 5,000 miles out of them if I really tread lightly. I checked on the availability of the 255/50/19 destination st tires that appear on the crossroad edition and they are either hardly available or not available at all through Firestone. I'm still thinking about going to the 255 size when I need new tires in the near future. Tire rack will guarantee a 245 tire but not the 255 tire. Just wondered if there were any folks out there with the destination 255 tires that appear in all the crossroad photos.

Right now I'm looking at 245/50/19 Firestone Firehawk Oval A/S or Indy designs. I also have had 255/50/19 Yokahama ENVigor tires recommended to me, so I'm looking at those as well. Yokahamas are expensive though.

Peace.

Just an FYI, Dodge's website confirms the Crossroad comes with 225/55/19 all-season tires, likely the same Kumho Solus found on all other trim levels with 19" wheels.

The 255/50/19 are only on the red Crossroad tour model that Dodge takes around the country to various automotive functions to show off the Crossroad. I wouldn't be surprised they were specially made for that car.

I would suggest looking into Toyo Proxes. I'll likely put the Proxes 4 Plus on a set of Jeep SRT wheels down the line, and they offer Proxes S/T II for 19" wheels at Belle Tire. I had them (Proxes 4) installed on my Charger in February and the traction was impressive for the few months I had the car before I moved on to my Journey.

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest looking into Toyo Proxes. I'll likely put the Proxes 4 Plus on a set of Jeep SRT wheels down the line, and they offer Proxes S/T II for 19" wheels at Belle Tire. I had them (Proxes 4) installed on my Charger in February and the traction was impressive for the few months I had the car before I moved on to my Journey.

Toyo Proxes 4, IMO are a very good tire I put them on my convertible PT Cruiser, not that it was anywhere closer to being an asphalt agitator, but they had a great ride, looked great, handled well and had a very good wear guarantee.

I may put them on my Saturn Sky once the Good Years are done.

Terry

141743222.jpg152300918.jpg

Edited by Windancer

• 4 weeks later...

I'm comparing sizes on tires because there does not seem to be a lot of space between the front strut bottom and the tire. The Tire Rack Q+A section under Dodge Journey recommends 235/55R19's. However, a woman wrote in saying that she purchased a used DJ that had 245/55R19s on it. The answer was something to the effect that if they work, don't worry about it, but that size is not recommended by Tire Rack. The DJ Crossroad that had the 255/50R19s: did it have the factory wheels? They are only about 3/4" bigger in diameter, but they are about an 1.25" wider than the factory tires.