Anyone ever go this route instead of HID? Ive seen some out there and tried a set on my Avenger. Had to get some CANBUS code eliminators, but so far they're flawless. I liked the fact that I didn't need a ballast, or any extra wiring. The code eliminators are real small and don't take much space. Thinking about getting some for my motorcycle, but most bike guys say that since the reflectors are different the LED's don't throw the light pattern far enough out. Anyone try these on our DJ's?

Easiest way is to use a photohosting site like Photobucket, but I usually place them in my gallery (unlimited space). That way folks like me who usually check out the site on their lunch break can actually see the pics (most businesses block photohosting site from the network so employees don't accidentally download viruses or waste company time)...

Have to do it through settings, 18 steps later I upload a photo. Most sites use drag and drop but oh well, I figured it out,

IMG 20140620 160759 543

These are the 6000K LED Headlight bulbs. $24/set shipped direct from China, plus a $6 set of error eliminators. So $30 total shipped to my door, plug and play. Takes close to a month from the order date until actually receiving the items.
Edited by RedeyeJedi

Its brighter than stock, I'll do some better ones tonight when its dark. It seems to not have the distance that a standard halogen has, like the light dissipates (or whatever) quicker. Had these since last October with 0 issues. Doesn't get dark until about 10pm this time of year, Im usually sleepin by then HAHAHAHA :-)

Thanks for posting pics... They look like they produce quite a bit of scatter. I have a set of projectors that I am going to retrofit into some different housing though and that should clean up the beam pattern nicely. Just wondering if maybe it is a little more reliable of an option with the longer lifespan of an LED. Do you remember how much a set of bulbs cost and where you got them? If it is affordable I think I may just try them in the projectors to see what the results are... Worst case I put the HIDs that I already have in and take them out.

Aliexpress, China. $30 for the set of bulbs and $6 for the error eliminators, all with free shipping. They make several different styles of bulbs, I tried to find ones that had LED's completely around the fixture. Figured that was the best option given the design of the reflectors in the vehicle. Projectors would be best actually, they focus the light better. The bulbs also don't get nearly as hot as HID's or Halogens, but they do get warm. I figured they were cheap enough to take a gamble, and guinea pig them for my bike. Although my bike has completely different reflectors, scatter would actually be better on my motorcycle. We have deer all over around here, and the way the beam is currently, you basically see whats directly in front of you. Not good if theres an animal on the shoulder waiting to ruin your day. Hoping the LED's will spill off to the sides a bit more.

It looks like the light output is much much less then standard halogen bulbs. Looks like it's so poor it's almost a safety issue! Doesn't seem like LED's have a good enough power output for car headlights just yet...

It's just because they aren't focused very well by the reflector bowl. Looking at the light output, I'm guessing they are a little shorter than the stock bulb??? The distance that the light is away from the reflector changes the output and focus significantly. This is one of the reasons that cheap HID kits provide so much scatter even in a housing like ours that has pretty good focus and a nice cutoff...

Aliexpress, China. $30 for the set of bulbs and $6 for the error eliminators, all with free shipping. They make several different styles of bulbs, I tried to find ones that had LED's completely around the fixture. Figured that was the best option given the design of the reflectors in the vehicle. Projectors would be best actually, they focus the light better. The bulbs also don't get nearly as hot as HID's or Halogens, but they do get warm. I figured they were cheap enough to take a gamble, and guinea pig them for my bike. Although my bike has completely different reflectors, scatter would actually be better on my motorcycle. We have deer all over around here, and the way the beam is currently, you basically see whats directly in front of you. Not good if theres an animal on the shoulder waiting to ruin your day. Hoping the LED's will spill off to the sides a bit more.

So they just have the LEDs on the end of the bulb?? Not sure that would work in a projector bowl very well...you really want good light coming from the sides of the bulb in order for it to focus the light better...

They have different styles, you can get them with LED's on the top/front only with a projector lens over the top (sorta) Then they have the style with LED's around the bulb, I think mine has 16. The light output is more than a standard halogen BUT its divided amongst 16 diodes. Projectors would be best, don't think they're suited for our reflectors. Ill dig up some stock photos when I get a chance.