Good News

rosco5

Just wanted to pass along some good news re our new Journey.

We've had our new SXT AWD for about a week and have about 200 miles on it. We are very pleased and have had no problems at all. Everything works and everything fits very well. No engine issues, no trans issues, no electrical issues whatsoever.

All radio functions and electronics have been flawless. Heated seats, auto temp, remote start - flawless. The engine is strong and the trans is smooth and shifts appropriately without hunting. No groans, squeaks, rattles or clunks. Tire pressure monitoring system worked just as it was supposed to (dealer had not inflated tires properly). And it's quiet!

Since we've had the car such a short time, important things like reliability and gas mileage have yet to be proven. But so far we are very pleased. Hopefully, Dodge has worked out most of the bugs.

And we have had a few admiring "what is that?" comments.

A little encouragement for those who may be sitting on the fence regarding a purchase.

I'll add to your encouragement by basically saying ditto. I picked up my SXT almost two weeks ago and the only notes I have in my notebook so far are about a stiff (binding just a bit) lock on the drivers door. Otherwise the car has been great.

People ask what it is and I tell them it's my ManVan. I couldn't bring myself to buy a mini-van though I admired the room and storage. This was a great alternative and the deal was sweet.

So far two thumbs up!

CZ

Just wanted to pass along some good news re our new Journey.

We've had our new SXT AWD for about a week and have about 200 miles on it. We are very pleased and have had no problems at all. Everything works and everything fits very well. No engine issues, no trans issues, no electrical issues whatsoever.

All radio functions and electronics have been flawless. Heated seats, auto temp, remote start - flawless. The engine is strong and the trans is smooth and shifts appropriately without hunting. No groans, squeaks, rattles or clunks. Tire pressure monitoring system worked just as it was supposed to (dealer had not inflated tires properly). And it's quiet!

Since we've had the car such a short time, important things like reliability and gas mileage have yet to be proven. But so far we are very pleased. Hopefully, Dodge has worked out most of the bugs.

And we have had a few admiring "what is that?" comments.

A little encouragement for those who may be sitting on the fence regarding a purchase.

• 1 month later...
What many people don't realize is that the odds of getting a no-issue vehicle are quite good with just about anything these days. If each vehicle has a single small repair in its first year, the model is "much worse than average."

I am happy with mine. I will be honest- we had to drive an SE for a day until we got our SXT and I would not have been happy with an SE. It was loud and you could really hear it pulling and we were not impressed with that at all and were really nervous before getting the SXT.

The SXT is much better and is a very smooth ride. I have had mine in twice already and owned it less then a month. 1 time for the air conditioning and just yesterday b/c my rear view mirror was not working and I had them remove some glue on the brake light and antenna that looked terrible.

Luckily, the dealer in town that I go to is great and has great service!

Wyoram - Why do say the tranny is "crap"? Have you had problems with yours?

The first thing that I noticed or was brought to my attention through this site was when you are driving around 50-55 mph the rpm jump around a lot. From what I understand it is the torque converter locking and unlocking. You will be driving along and when you give it the slightest gas input the rpms jump up and when you let off the gas it will go back down. Almost seemes like it is hunting for which gear to be in.

While driving normal the shifts feel like they are slipping and delayed. During the shift the rpms come up slightly and you can feel the forward progress slow down. Then it will shift. Feels like when you accidently bump the shift lever into nuetral while it is drive, but not as bad. Driving with a lead foot it does shift good. Quick firm shifts. How it should be all the time.

These issues seem to considered normal to Dodge. According to members that have brought their vehicles into have these issues resolved. And no one has a fix for it yet. Not all the Journey's seem to be doing this.

These issues above will cause the unessesary heat build up(torque converter locking and unlocking, slipping between shifts). Excessive heat is the number 1 enemy of automatic transmissions failures.

• 3 weeks later...
The first thing that I noticed or was brought to my attention through this site was when you are driving around 50-55 mph the rpm jump around a lot. From what I understand it is the torque converter locking and unlocking. You will be driving along and when you give it the slightest gas input the rpms jump up and when you let off the gas it will go back down. Almost seemes like it is hunting for which gear to be in.

While driving normal the shifts feel like they are slipping and delayed. During the shift the rpms come up slightly and you can feel the forward progress slow down. Then it will shift. Feels like when you accidently bump the shift lever into nuetral while it is drive, but not as bad. Driving with a lead foot it does shift good. Quick firm shifts. How it should be all the time.

These issues seem to considered normal to Dodge. According to members that have brought their vehicles into have these issues resolved. And no one has a fix for it yet. Not all the Journey's seem to be doing this.

These issues above will cause the unessesary heat build up(torque converter locking and unlocking, slipping between shifts). Excessive heat is the number 1 enemy of automatic transmissions failures.

I have had my red RT for 3 months now and really like the car. The deal I got on it was unbeliveable. So far I have found nothing wrong with it.

why ist's crap? bcoz the torque converter could not hold at high gear! example, mentain your sped at 65mph and wait untill you hit a road with slight uphill, when your already clibming up your speed will slow down a little so in order to mentain the speed "65mph" you have to step the gas a little isnt it? NO! this crap tranny simply could not hold the load,. when you step the gas you fill nothing and then saddnly it will down shift.

I have no issue with my transmission-with the cruise engaged it holds speed very well no frequent shifting just speed maintained

I just returned from Myrtle Beach & got the fluid & filter changed & there wasnt even any noticeable shavings on the magnet or the pan and the fluid looked fine that was done @ 52000 klms took almost 7 quarts to refill the filter was $ 21.00 canadian