UConnect and my Samsung Note 2

hbrokman

So, my phone works fine in the car. But if I hit the messaging button, it says the phone is not supported. I am able to get phone calls fine. Do you guys think this is a samsung issue, or a uconnect issue? I would think this phone would be able to do everything!! Im not very tech-savy :)

It only supports messaging with certain models... I believe you can look your phone model up on the uconnect site and see if your model is compatible.

Right. The uconnect site does have a list of models that are compatible. I gave up looking at the uconnect site sometime in 2013. The trick is trying to match up the phone software versions. Good luck! I have been through two phones that were on the list, but neither worked for messaging. Looking for a certain phone with certain software is just too difficult. I have yet to see anyone post that they can text through uconnect. I hope to see that someone has been successful. After I did a little more research, it seems that texting does not work while driving. Which makes sense, but I'd like to have my texts display while driving. Not sure of all the specifics. Too much work. Too many unknowns. I gave up. Uconnect text seems useless. I just call people. Old school, I know. Talking. . . so yesterday, right?

Peace.