Our 1st Accident.

DVLISH

Well a few weeks ago i recieved a call with some bad news. My finace rear ended a toyota camry and we took the brunt of the damage. Its a real bummer with a car thats not even 6 months old. Good news is everyone is ok and we have insurance to cover everything. By the looks of it i think were the first on the forum to have an acident. Im attaching pics of the damage wich so far is estimated at 4,300 dolars.

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

Don't want to steel your thunder, but I think there have been a couple other accidents... My wife's R/T was hit on the drivers door all the way to the back bumper. So I know the feeling. less that 5,000 miles on the car and some freak pulls out into traffic, then tries to claim that my wife hit her. Fortunately, her brother was in the car with her. He's a local sheriff, so the lady shut up real quick.

Yes thank goodness for insurance. We finally got the car back today and it was a nice feeling. Well it was nice till i realizd it wasnt blowing hot air. Car overheats and i call the guy and he ask me to bring it back. I refuse and tell him im not blowing up the car. He comes to me and meets with with a gallon of collant after i t ell him on the phone my resivior is DRY!!! Turns out the mechanic that put everything back together didnnt run the car long enough to purge the air pocket out of the system. After adding the coolant the car is a ok again. He assured me the guy responsible was pulled into the office for it. I told him i understand and i wasnt mad at him because it wasnt his fault but appreciated him bringing me the coolant. I would love to have heard what was said to the guy who was too lazy to purge the colling system.

• 1 month later...

Definately not the first to have an accident.

I had a jerk in a pick-up cut me off and take the front bumper almost clean off, it was only attached by one rivet on the driver's side. All the attachments for the fog lights were ripped out, passenger side quarter panel mangled. Thank God he just missed the tire because I would have hated to ruin my 19" chrome wheels and mess up my alignment. The damage was all superficial, but I was in shock when I saw the bumper fly up over the hood of the truck and then when I saw what it looked like when I got out. I thought he totalled the front end since the way the bumper is attached it hooks up under the grill, it was a mess!!!

The good thing about this accident: I didn't feel the impact, and he hit me hard! I was in a similar sort of accident in my old car, an '04 Dodge SX 2.0 (Neon) when a drunk driver sideswiped the driver's side and took off the mirror. He was also driving a pick-up and I swear he lifted me two feet off the ground, I thought the car was going to flip over! So I am very relieved to know that I can rest assured that my Journey will keep my family safe and sound.

• 7 months later...