Blacktop Rims

bigunclejethro

I appreciate the offer onecrazyfoo4u! I am actually looking to get them for another car. I have found them in standard aluminum finish, but at 275 a piece, I don't really want to spend the extra money to get them powder coated and I'm not a fan of the flat or matte black color from plastidip.

I appreciate the offer onecrazyfoo4u! I am actually looking to get them for another car. I have found them in standard aluminum finish, but at 275 a piece, I don't really want to spend the extra money to get them powder coated and I'm not a fan of the flat or matte black color from plastidip.

I understand what you are looking for, but for the sake of clarification, plastidip can provide a nice glossy finish with the appropriate application of their glossifier and some tire dressing or spray wax applied after washes...

but for the sake of clarification, plastidip can provide a nice glossy finish with the appropriate application of their glossifier and some tire dressing or spray wax applied after washes...

As I stated in another thread, while not a Plastidip fan yet but I have seen some incredible work done using it, both here and in the Sky /Solstice forums I also belong to. I truly believe you are only limited by your imagination and creativity when using this stuff.

Terry

Edited by Windancer

As I stated in another thread, while not a Plastidip fan yet but I have seen some incredible work done using it, both here and in the Sky /Solstice forums I also belong to. I truly believe you are only limited by your imagination and creativity when using this stuff.

Terry

Especially if you get into mixing pigments and other additions... The chameleon plastidip jobs that are showing up now are simply amazing.

I will certainly keep plastidip in mind if I cant find anything. Can anyone tell me what the bolt pattern and offset are for the stock wheels? I would imagine the offset is the same for all wheel variations.

Yeah dude, your chances are slim to none, unless you wanna take your chances with a dealer. If you search the forum, i posted a thread about a custom "black chrome" set available with tires via ebay. But the price is $1775. Also, check out hubcuphaven.com, they offer the black OEM's for $229 a pop. BUT i never called to see if theyre in stock.

I myself decided to go with 20's. JEEP SRT replica's to be exact. $800 for the set, not bad.

I will certainly keep plastidip in mind if I cant find anything. Can anyone tell me what the bolt pattern and offset are for the stock wheels? I would imagine the offset is the same for all wheel variations.

Oh, and the deets on the wheels are (also in the forum):

19 x 7 diameter

5x5 or 5x127 bolt pattern

35mm offset