Switchbacks... Anyone Got Them

Like the title says, is anyone using switchbacks in their front turn signals? I'm curious which ones work and if anyone has any reviews on them... Pictures (or better yet, videos) would be great too. So, what do you got?

For those that don't know what switchbacks are, it's basically an LED light that shines white and when the turn signal flashes it turns yellow to keep the vehicle legal. This video does a good job showing it.

Why would you use them on DJ when drl and signal lights are separate?

I don't have the DRL's enabled, but I don't particularly like the amber light. With these the turn signal light would be a white light until I turned on the signal. I wouldn't be using them as DRL's, but rather to get rid of the amber light in front.

Do you have these, or are you just recommending them? I'm thinking about going with something with a built-in resistor so I can leave the factory wiring in tact. I have the lifetime bumper to bumper warranty and would like to keep in as in tact as possible. Thanks for the link.

funny, I'd not heard of these prior to reading about them here, and now I'm noticing them on the streets.

Yeah, they have been around for quite some time. I generally switch them in because I don't like the amber light. Doesn't sound like anyone here has them, so I guess I'm going to have hope that what I end up going with are high quality and will work properly with the canbus system....

If you look around some of the other members have posted on the Triton V3 switchbacks. Pricey, but they look good.

I wonder how that Ford had those switchbacks installed without the hyperflashing. From what I understand, we will need the resistors on the Journey. After I finish my HID upgrade, I'll look into this...

If you look around some of the other members have posted on the Triton V3 switchbacks. Pricey, but they look good.

I wonder how that Ford had those switchbacks installed without the hyperflashing. From what I understand, we will need the resistors on the Journey. After I finish my HID upgrade, I'll look into this...

Yes, resistors are necessary. I believe there are some brands out there that have the resistors built into the base of the bulb. This would be ideal as you wouldn't need to splice into the wiring harness. Thanks for the info, I'll go check out the Tritons...

Wow... Checked out the VLED Triton systems and they are IMPRESSIVE. They are also crazy expensive, but the engineering behind them is outstanding. I'm thinking that after seeing those I can't possibly buy something different. I think that they will have to wait until after the retrofit though. At $145 for the switchbacks and $110 for the rears, the price adds up quick. Thanks for pointing those out.

For anyone that is interested, check these out. Resistors are built in, you can adjust how deep the bulb sits in the housing to better focus the light in the reflector, they have a 50% power option so they don't drown out your headlights when they are on, they are bright (600lm), can be used with DRLs and the construction/connections are top notch. Great product here for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have these, or are you just recommending them? I'm thinking about going with something with a built-in resistor so I can leave the factory wiring in tact. I have the lifetime bumper to bumper warranty and would like to keep in as in tact as possible. Thanks for the link.

No I don't have them, just found the link by doing a search. But like you said, I would prefer too with a built-in resistor.

Lobito, based on your posts, it seems like you are thinking about a big project in lighting (retrofit + hid + LEDs). Yet just my opinion: I ended up working with a retrofitter to rebuild the lights. When I added up all the costs and labor, it appeared just not feasible for me to do it myself, taking into consideration my relatively poor skill level as well. Baking the headlights to open, removing all the bezels and maybe painting them, installing projectors and LEDs, additional wiring that might be required... I was overwhelmed with how much time it might take for me :)

Regarding the Triton LEDs: the product looks great, but this guy

still faced hiperflashing... Maybe they figured out how to eliminate this since then, but just to let you know...

Lobito, based on your posts, it seems like you are thinking about a big project in lighting (retrofit + hid + LEDs). Yet just my opinion: I ended up working with a retrofitter to rebuild the lights. When I added up all the costs and labor, it appeared just not feasible for me to do it myself, taking into consideration my relatively poor skill level as well. Baking the headlights to open, removing all the bezels and maybe painting them, installing projectors and LEDs, additional wiring that might be required... I was overwhelmed with how much time it might take for me :)

Regarding the Triton LEDs: the product looks great, but this guy

still faced hiperflashing... Maybe they figured out how to eliminate this since then, but just to let you know...

I know that the last "generation" of the V3 had issues and that they were reworked... I'm thinking the ones in the video are the older ones.

I have baked several lights to either paint them or do retrofits. I am very comfortable with the process and prefer to do it myself. It is already expensive, no reason to pay someone that much money to do it for me. It was definitely a little daunting the first time and to say I didn't have doubts would be a lie, but it really isn't that difficult. Besides the permaseal issue I always buy another set of lights because I can take my time and do it right... Not quite as much as paying someone to do it, but a little extra cost is involved. It also allows me to put everything back to stock relatively easy if need be.