First time Dodge buyer?

rolly

I bought my first car in 1968- a 1966 Dodge Coronet and I traded it in for a British made 1972 Ford Cortina. My next car was a 1974 Ford Maverick which I traded (you think the early Journey had brake problems? 5 brake jobs in 72,000 miles and terrible rust issues) in for a 1988 Dodge Monaco Station Wagon (loved that car). I then bought my wife a 1982 Plymouth Horizon, which was hit by a woman having a heart attack, six weeks after we got it. It was then hit 6 more times (one time the day we got it back from the body shop) before we finally gave up. We then had a 1976 K-car which I hated. We progressed to the mini-van of which we had four(1990-20000, loved them). Also had a 1988 Dodge 600 SE that we bought for my son. I bought a 2001 Neon which I kept for 11 years and it was a joy to drive. In September 2012 we ordered our 2013 Journey. This was the first vehicle we bought that we ordered directly from the factory so we could have everything we wanted. Needless to say the Journey is my favourite. How many Chrysler/Dodge vehicles have you owned or is the Journey your first one? I still remember my first one- err I mean my first car.

The Journey was the first Chrysler product purchase ever for me and our family. I have always liked the design of Chrysler & Dodge but for some reason I always felt it was taboo to own one. Always heard from people to stay away from their products and I did. I've always owned Asian cars except for a 79 Camaro and my current car that I drive the Chevy Aveo5 (my real true love). Anyhow, our Honda CR-V was stolen so a new vehicle for the wife/family was needed. This time I wanted to invest in an American vehicle and it was a toss up between the Chevy Equinox or Ford Escape. My wife mentioned the Journey which she liked the name and design a lot and with a little investigating on the net we decided to invest. I must say so far I haven't regretted the purchase and I am really happy with the vehicle that I would like to trade up for a newer one but I can't bring myself to do it because this one has been perfect so far....knock on wood! My next purchase will most likely be when I trade my Aveo5 for a Fiat 500 (i love the small cars)....can we consider that as somewhat a Chrysler product???

Edited by Journey_SeXT

This is my 4th Chrysler product. I had a 2002 Dodge Dakota and a 2005 Dodge Ram. I currently own a 2012 Dodge Avenger and my 2014 Dodge Journey. The only one of those vehicles that has had ANY issues (knocking on wood with ya!) is the Ram, and that was an issue with the water pump. I went through a water pump every year on that damn thing... Of all of the vehicles that I have owned, I have liked the Chrysler products the most.

1st car: 1969 Dodge Charger, then....

1974 Chrysler Cordoba with the rich corinthian leather...

2009 Dodge Journey

2005 Dodge Dakota

1997 Dodge Ram

2013 Dodge Journey

I have owned 30+ vehicles. 15 GM, 9 Ford, 6 Chrysler and a couple of Honda's/Hyundai's/Nissan's and a Fiat (way before they owned Chrysler).

Currently own 5, Dodge Journey, Chevy Silverado, Hyundai Tiburon, Ford Mustang, Mitsubishi Eclipse. No brand loyalty here...lol