I don't know if I can tow anything!!!

squinn

Hi....hope somebody can help!

I just bought a hotdog cart and nobody can tell me how much it weighs. Has anyone tried to tow anything with a 4 cylinder Dodge Journey? If it seems feasible, I am going to get a hitch put on and use my Dodge Journey otherwise I'm going to have to get a new vehicle but will be taking a big hit on my Journey.....

The towing capacity for the 4 cylinder Journey is 1,000 pounds. Locally we have a Disposal company that offers public access to their weight scales to assist in determining compliance with Ministry of Transport rules. Check your yellow pages to see if there is someone in your location providing this service. Good luck.

• Official Dodge Support

Hi....hope somebody can help!

I just bought a hotdog cart and nobody can tell me how much it weighs. Has anyone tried to tow anything with a 4 cylinder Dodge Journey? If it seems feasible, I am going to get a hitch put on and use my Dodge Journey otherwise I'm going to have to get a new vehicle but will be taking a big hit on my Journey.....

squinn,

As rolly mentioned, you can tow 1,000 lbs with the 2.4L engine in your Journey.

Most of the carts I've seen don't seem that heavy but I suppose the weight climbs quickly when you stock it.

There must be a model name or serial number you can check, with that info., a quick internet search should tell you it's weight.

The DJ equipped with the 2.4L 4 cylinder engine isn't at the forefront of towing however short trips around the city should be fine so long as you comply with the towing capacity.

• 1 month later...

I was in the same boat as you, I loved my Journey but couldn't tow anything. I was reluctant to spend the money on a tow package to only be able to haul around 1000 lbs. I ended up trading up to a Ram 1500. But along with the dry weight of your hot dog cart it should also have max loaded weight on it there somewhere too. That should give you an idea if your Journey would tow it or not.