Outstanding handling in rain

Mopar54

So, my 3 day old Journey got its first test today. I have the SXT AWD Journey and had a 80 mile trip this morning before dawn. At times, I was driving on the interstate in driving rain. My Journey stayed true the entire trip, I never felt even the slightest slip in handling. Its nice to ve in a vehicle that feels so driveable in sub-par weather conditions. I've driven 4WD SUVs that felt no where near as steady and sure-footed in the rain.

In short, the AWD works fantastically.

John

So, my 3 day old Journey got its first test today. I have the SXT AWD Journey and had a 80 mile trip this morning before dawn. At times, I was driving on the interstate in driving rain. My Journey stayed true the entire trip, I never felt even the slightest slip in handling. Its nice to ve in a vehicle that feels so driveable in sub-par weather conditions. I've driven 4WD SUVs that felt no where near as steady and sure-footed in the rain.

John

nice to hear some real testimonial from actual owners rather than car journalists.

Thank you for the post John :happy feet:

Rob/HBT

nice to hear some real testimonial from actual owners rather than car journalists.

Thank you for the post John :happy feet:

Rob/HBT

No problem.

Yes, today I was maintaining 75 mph in some pretty strong rains. And, like I said I never felt like the car was having any problems or traction issues.

I've never driven an all wheel drive car before buying my journey, so I don't have a lot to compare it with. However, I have driven multiple 4wd trucks that felt no where near as stable.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Mine was excellant in the rain yesterday and it handled the road as if it was dry with no noticable difference. I bet it will be good in the snow but I hope that trial doesn't come until at least January.

Keith

Hey Keith - I had a 2000 Grand Caravan AWD a similar setup to the Journey AWD and yes, excellent in the snow.

With the Journey's ESP and traction control…it will make the snow experience EVEN more manageable, in fact I’m looking forward to it.

(Syracuse, NY - USA avg snow fall 150 inches)

• 1 year later...

So, my 5 day old Journey got its first test today. I have the SXT AWD Journey and had a 20 K.M trip this morning before dawn. At times, I was driving on the road in driving rain. My Journey stayed true the entire trip, I never felt even the slightest slip in handling. Its nice to have in a vehicle that feels so driveable in sub-par weather conditions. I've driven 4WD SUVs that felt no where near as steady and sure-footed in the rain.

• 2 months later...

John

[/quote

Wait until you try it in the snow and you put on 4 snow tires. Handles real well and goes up steep driveways and hills extremely well. Best car we ever had in the snow. This will be our second winter. We have a 2010 R/T and now have 29 000 km on it. If you let your wife drive it, you'll never get it back!