Grille Differences Between Years

Yes. Earlier grills were solid chrome, or solid color, later ones have split with black bars in the middle of the "cross".

http://www.thecarconnection.com/photos/dodge_journey_2009

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Dodge_Journey/2013/photos-exterior/

Click on the front end view pictures in those links.

Edited by jkeaton

Yes. Earlier grills were solid chrome, or solid color, later ones have split with black bars in the middle of the "cross".

http://www.thecarconnection.com/photos/dodge_journey_2009

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Dodge_Journey/2013/photos-exterior/

Click on the front end view pictures in those links.

The straight on pics are at a little different angle, but they look pretty similar in overall shape... I just don't want to drop $100+ on a part I can't use and that will be tough to get my money back on if I couldn't use it...

I have a 2010 Journey and I put a 2012 Grill on mine and it fit perfectly. I also changed the lower grill and fog light inserts to match the honeycomb pattern. The picture I have on my profile shows the 2012 Grill but not the lower grill and fog light inserts cause I recently did those. My front lights are in the shop now getting done to look like the Black Top. When I get it back Ill post some pictures.

I have a 2010 Journey and I put a 2012 Grill on mine and it fit perfectly. I also changed the lower grill and fog light inserts to match the honeycomb pattern. The picture I have on my profile shows the 2012 Grill but not the lower grill and fog light inserts cause I recently did those. My front lights are in the shop now getting done to look like the Black Top. When I get it back Ill post some pictures.

Are all of the mounting points the same? Good news for sure, thanks!

Are all of the mounting points the same? Good news for sure, thanks!

Yes they are all the same. Its been a while since I did it but I do remember that I had to cut off a small plastic piece on the newer grill. The piece was in the back and wasnt anything cosmetic. It didn't change the integrity of anything. It took me about 20 min to do the swap out.

Yes they are all the same. Its been a while since I did it but I do remember that I had to cut off a small plastic piece on the newer grill. The piece was in the back and wasnt anything cosmetic. It didn't change the integrity of anything. It took me about 20 min to do the swap out.

What I am actually considering is a black one-piece billet grill. I believe that I would keep the same shell and just cut out the cross bars for this type of setup. The grille would then install inside that shell.... I'm still a little leery on pulling the trigger on this one though... Would be tough to get my money back on if it is the incorrect shape.

What I am actually considering is a black one-piece billet grill. I believe that I would keep the same shell and just cut out the cross bars for this type of setup. The grille would then install inside that shell.... I'm still a little leery on pulling the trigger on this one though... Would be tough to get my money back on if it is the incorrect shape.

If you get another grill from another year it will fit. Even the 2014 grill is the same as the 2009 as far as the fit.

Edited by DTSGUY

• 9 years later...