New to the journey and forum

knts0063

Hi folks,

Just bought a brand new Dodge Journey SE Plus(2014). Is it a good vehicle overall?

Actually, I am finding the accleration is very poor with this car.

This is my first new vehicle; didn't have any experience what to look in a car other than the price ofcourse.

Thanks

Thank you guys.

Yes, it's 4 cylinder. I love this car except the slow acceleration part.

Will post some pictures soon after the next wash. :-) It gets dirty very quickly because of the weather here in Toronto

Edited by knts0063

Welcome to the forum! :) I know 2 Journey owners that trading their 4 cylinder for a 6 because of the slow acceleration. I went with the 6 but if I had the 4 I wouldn't have complained as my previous vehicle (CR-V) was REALLY slow to accelerate....I must have got the finger from well over a dozen people trying to merge onto the 401. :lol:

Welcome to the forum! :) I know 2 Journey owners that trading their 4 cylinder for a 6 because of the slow acceleration. I went with the 6 but if I had the 4 I wouldn't have complained as my previous vehicle (CR-V) was REALLY slow to accelerate....I must have got the finger from well over a dozen people trying to merge onto the 401. :lol:

Now you can return the finger LOL!

Welll I gotta ask: Did you not test drive it before buying? That should have shown you the 4 cylinder is kinda weak. Believe me, we lived with one for 5 years. It was adequate once up to speed, it was just getting up to speed that was the hard part..... :victory:

Edited by jkeaton

How did you not know about the acceleration issue before you bought it and why are you asking if its a good vehicle after you signed the papers? Isnt that something you check out before you make a purchase? Just asking............

I can see why, its a Journey!! :lol:

I, too, have the V6. just remember the benifit of the four cylinder evertime you fill up. What gas milage are you getting with it?

Sorry but we get the same or better with the V6 than we did with the 4. That 4 is just too undersized for this big of a vehicle. Even on trips we would barely crack 22 mpg. We are getting 19 around town, up0 to 26 on trips with the V6.

Sorry but we get the same or better with the V6 than we did with the 4. That 4 is just too undersized for this big of a vehicle. Even on trips we would barely crack 22 mpg. We are getting 19 around town, up0 to 26 on trips with the V6.

I have a 2013 sxt with the 4 and it never drops below 23.5 around town. On trips it usually stays between 27-28. A couple times it has got to 30.

I have a 2013 sxt with the 4 and it never drops below 23.5 around town. On trips it usually stays between 27-28. A couple times it has got to 30.

Wow, thats great. They must have made some changes between the 09 and 13 engines cause we NEVER saw that kind of mileage.

Edited by jkeaton