Ticking Noise

RickC

• 6 months later...
After 3 months of the ticking and having the lifters replaced, ehxhaust lifters replaced, then the engine replaced, then the lifters again, then the intake, not to mention all the other issues that developed while my service department tooled around under the hood, Chrysler is buying back my Journey. If you are experiencing the tapping/ticking noise I would suggest taking it in to the dealer and have the check it out. I must say that Chrysler has been great through out the whole process, my dealer on the other hand is another story but Chrysler has just been terriffic in helping out.

Fanf..kingtastic Chaps, I had a strange noise under the hood for a couple of weeks that was bothering me, It sounded as if a belt-pulley had caught sand and growled ocassionally, took it in today for tunning and the mechanic said the right motor support was done with... Had it not been for this post of yours I feel I would have been told it was "normal". Great forum. Best regards and a very very Merry christmas to you all.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi guys a weird thing happened to me today . I work at a Chysler dealer in Canada and was having trouble finding a grinding noise in a 09 journey with a 3.5 . I googled and found this forum ,i read some of your concerns that you have had with you cars and used that to diag. the problem .if your having a growl or grind you can also hear the belt tentioner I found the right engine mount making the noise . hope this helps . Oh and be nice to your Techs... we sometimes fix the first time!!!

I bought a 2010 journey 3.5 awd and had this noise as well. It was only appearing when steering to the right. They cheked the car, had some worries on the drive axle but just got off the phone that it was the engine mount. Hope to pick up the car on Saturday and give it a good wax.