Added another Dodge to the family!

JRodMTB

Hey fellow DJ owners...

Just dropping in to say hey… the wife had an issue with her brand new 2014 R/T AWD the past few days and I joined up to pick the brains of the fellow members. This is my wifes first Dodge, so I'm hoping all goes well with the car. I somewhat convinced her to think she wanted a Journey vs an Edge lol.

I've had a 4 Dodge (now RAM) trucks, which have all been flawless. I float around on the Ramforumz so I'm pretty familiar with the forum gig. Hopefully I can be an asset in the future!

@jk - yeah the Edge was way out of our price range for what we wanted. AWD was a must and there was a 5k difference between the Edge SEL with only AWD and a fully loaded R/T.

@addict - they make a great truck! My first was a 98 Dakota, which I graduated to a couple Ram leases and finally into my 2011 RAM 1500. I love them! Hopefully the Journey holds up as well as the trucks.

Welcome to the forum. I have both Dodge Journey and Edge. And in my opinion they are 2 different vehicles.

The edge i never test drive, thats what i want before i lay my eyes on journey!! They are 2 different vehicles as you said! Is edge way better than journeys?? But for price range it may justify!

I have a 2011 Edge Limited and 2013 Journey Crew. In Edge driving position is lot higher, it drives lot smoother and tighter. I think build quality is better. After 3 years there is no rattle and cosmetic issues. Whereas Journey there are lots of them. Journey is the best bang for your buck and is lot peppier then Edge.

I said different vehicles because of driving. Edge is wife's car and Journey is mine.

I get lot better deal on Chrysler products so I buy only Chrysler vehicles.

Edited by guls