Hi everybody!

First of all Happy New Year!

I live in montreal quebec and it's winter time so expected to have cold temperatures. We had -32 one day and when i started my car all of my entertainment features are not working (no monitor display, no nav., no radio, no u connect) as if there's no power.

I have 2009 dodge journey r/t

Please help!

I have to agree with Mcgusto82. If it only happens in extreme cold it may be a operating range, although once the car warms up it should work. I also have a 09 R/T with a REN unit and never had a problem. I can also say it hasn't been -32, either C or F, in Chicago, although today it was a high of -16F. Sorry, I was too chicken to go out. I am working tomorrow and the expected temp when I leave is supposed to be around -16 again. If I have any issues I'll let you know. Good Luck!

• Official Dodge Support

Hi everybody!

First of all Happy New Year!

I live in montreal quebec and it's winter time so expected to have cold temperatures. We had -32 one day and when i started my car all of my entertainment features are not working (no monitor display, no nav., no radio, no u connect) as if there's no power.

I have 2009 dodge journey r/t

Please help!

Peebee,

Cold weather is certainly a factor when electronic issues are present in these cold conditions. Temperatures were close to -30 in southern Ontario so I can image how cold it's been in Quebec. If these issues persist once the vehicle is warm, I would recommend bringing your DJ to the dealer to have it inspected in case there is something else happening.

This will be the 4th winter I have been through with this car, and I am now experiencing similar problems. When it is really cold my GPS doesn't work, my radio works etc just not my GPS, yet when I drive it even just a few blocks, turn it off and restart it a couple minutes later, everything works like nothing happened. It all started when I had to replace my battery. I have talked to my dealer about this and they advised me to keep an eye on it. We have had some brutally cold weather here on the prairies this year.

Terry

Adding to the topic.. This morning, the weather was at 5' F, the van started roughly, the interior squeaks, and the back up camera is in black and white. Lol.

Fixed itself after a while.

The cold messes things up, specially when it goes from warm to very cold relatively fast.

Edited by Mcgusto82