Welcome to the forum. My quesrtion is, are you referring to the car alerting you to radar traps or traffic cameras? I assume you mean the NAV? Excuse my ignorance, I don't have the big screen but that would be cool if it IS supposed to do that. Some one will chime in soon I'm sure.

I don't have a nav 8.4 but I've never seen anything or heard anything that suggest the nav on the DJ supports speed trap/red light camera warning.

It DOES support traffic alerts though.

Seems it would need some sort of built in radar detector, which can be illegal depending on what state you live in. I don't know how it would detect red light cameras.

Edited by jkeaton

Thanks guys but im referring to redlight/speed cameras not radars, on the portable gps navigation systems it does show u those so im guessing this one should aswell

Ah I see. They dont have those things around here. They were deemed "illegal" so they took them all down.

The 8.4N will alert you if you are exceeding the posted speed limit of the road you are traveling on if you are navigating on that road. For example, if your navigation system is guiding you, it shows the posted speed limit of the route you are currently on. Your actual speed is shown in red next to the posted speed limit for that road. There is no audible warning. I don't know if it will tell you if there is a red light camera present at a particular intersection. We've only owed the car for seven months and have only used the navigation a few times so I'm not as familiar with it as I'd like to be.

I don't know of any OEM nav that does red light cam warnings. I know most new portable GPSs do. Even free phone apps do.

Try downloading an app called WAZE. It's a navigation app built community reports. It warns of hidden cops, traffic, accidents etc.. It's what I use when I have to use a GPS.