Rattling in middle row?

bigunclejethro

Does anyone else have a really annoying rattling in the headrest of their middle row of seats? I believe its coming from the single fold down seat and its only the headrest but its really annoying. It does go away when the seats are down but that doesn't help me if I'm taking people in my car. Any thoughts, solutions?

I am sure you might have checked already, but if not I would make sure they are inserted correctly into the seat. Or you can push the little button at the base of the headrest and pull it out to find out what is making the noise.

I took my middle row headrests out to clean one day and didn't put them back right away. Later I drove it and realized how much more visibility I had and never put them back. Lol

I am sure you might have checked already, but if not I would make sure they are inserted correctly into the seat. Or you can push the little button at the base of the headrest and pull it out to find out what is making the noise.

I took my middle row headrests out to clean one day and didn't put them back right away. Later I drove it and realized how much more visibility I had and never put them back. Lol

I usually don't comment on things like this but unless you NEVER use the rear seats, you could be placing someone in extreme danger in the event of an accident. Head rests are not there to rest your head, but to act as a safety device to prevent or minimize head and neck trauma in the event of an accident. It doesn't take much to cause major neck trauma which could result in paralysis! Even small children or adults will benefit from them. Is it more important to see where you have been or to protect those in the seats?

Ok, I'm off my high horse and done with the lecture! Thank you for reading, take it for what you will!

Be Safe.

I usually don't comment on things like this but unless you NEVER use the rear seats, you could be placing someone in extreme danger in the event of an accidents.

I very seldom use the middle seats in my Journey. When my kids are in the car they prefer the rear seat (which still has the headrests). But even then they are not tall enough for the headrest to be useful. I wasn't suggesting everyone take there headrest out as I "do" know what the purpose of a headrest is. I was just stating my experience with my Journey and taking out the middle row headrests greatly improved the poor vision and huge blind spots in my Journey.

Lets face it, if you merge over in front of an 18 wheeler on the freeway due to poor visibility, I don't really think a headrest is going to help you much. I'll take my chances considering I hardly ever have passengers and if I do I will make sure to put my headrests back in.

I thought it might be from the headrest. I will pop it out and see if I can find the problem. My mother was riding in the back and she said it sounded just like an acorn rolling around in the bed of my fathers truck. I just bought the car so hopefully nothing is broken. Thanks for the help guys