Clunking and leak

Good morning,

I have a 2009 Journey, recently there has been a clunking sound while going over cracks in the road, bumps, railroad tracks, etc. I can hear it at a slower speed more so than highway speed. Also there is a leak coming from behind the passenger side tire wheel well, it looks like oil.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Edited by BrendaBlis

Is the leak at the front or rear passenger side tire? If from the front, have you opened the hood to look for the source of the leak, or looked under the vehicle to try and pin point the leak? Is the clunk from the front or rear? Clunking going over bumps is normally indicative of suspension components. Tie rods, ball joints, CV axles, sway bar end links and bushings. Put your car on some ramps and get undernweath for an inspection of your suspension. If you don't have the equipment and/or knowledge, take it to a trusted auto repair faciliuty and have them inspect the vehicle for you.

• Official Dodge Support

Good morning,

I have a 2009 Journey, recently there has been a clunking sound while going over cracks in the road, bumps, railroad tracks, etc. I can hear it at a slower speed more so than highway speed. Also there is a leak coming from behind the passenger side tire wheel well, it looks like oil.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

BrendaBlis,

As jkeaton mentioned, the symptoms described sound related to suspension components. I would have to recommend that you bring your DJ to your local Dodge Service Facility as they will be able to pin point the issue very quickly.