2013 R/T AWD - second Journey

A12Rag

Well, I had a 2010 R/T AWD, 5passenger Journey as my company car. The lease was up in July and I ordered another R/T AWD, 5passenger Journey for next company car. The new one is 2013, loaded with all the bells and whistles. I must say the 2010 Journey with the 3.5 V6 had much more engine noise and not same pulling power as the 2013 with the 3.6 V6. Also, the 2010 did need brakes, twice in 120k kilometers, which was not bad - although I have had mini vans in the past where I got by with one brake job. Or the 2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD that I have, I got 150k kilometers before doing the brakes.

However, the 2010 did it's job and was not a bad vehicle. Two tone leather interior was nice. But the dash instrumentation left a lot to be desired. Dodge has done a great job on the dash and interior of the 2013 Journey !!! . . . the 3.6 V6 works well (still not same as driving my Magnum with the HEMI), and gas mileage has been good so far (have 9500 km on new Journey) - average 9.5litre/100km. Usually a fair bit of highway driving.

The radio did need to be replaced after I had gotten the car home from picking up at the dealership. Something they knew about, that happens on the Journey and Trucks . . . replaced and all is fine.

I did look at the Ford Edge, but for the comparible equipment, it was $8-10k more than the Journey. I know there are many out there that don't feel the Journey is a quality vehicle, but the bang for the buck is there. For me, the worst part of any automobile, is having to deal with the dealerships. . . .

Cheers

Mark

• 3 months later...

Never thought to take pics of the "new" Journey . . . but I will have to think about it once things warm up ! . . . just wondering if anyone has found out where to get the "European" tow hook that screws into the front or rear, when you remove the little piece from the front or rear bumper . . . ???

I think the quality now is very high. During the Cerberus years at Chrysler, the company slashed costs at every level, and it showed in the product. Cheapness abounded, especially in the interiors. Once Fiat came on board a few years ago, that all began to change. The Journey, especially the interior, was one of the most dramatic makeovers of the Cerberus-to-Fiat switch. I still see higher quality materials in my 2000 300M, but my 2013 Journey is a very close second.