Great dealership experience

rolly

Today I took the Journey in for an alignment at the dealer. Too many times we complain about getting nickeled and dimed for unnessary services. That's one of the reasons why I went to a new dealer this time. As I was waiting in the customer lounge, a older couple came in and sat next to me. After 5-10 minutes one of the young service men came in and informed them that they had brought their vehicle in prematurely for their oil change. He explained that were not due for another 3,000 kilometres. If they wanted he would still change the oil but he didn't want them to spend money on something they didn't need. Needless to say they were quite impressed as was I. They told me they were going through some pretty rough times and had prayed for some good luck. It may be a small thing, but it sure brought a smile to their faces. I emailed the dealer and told them what I had witnessed and congratulated them on the good deed. It's nice to know that there is still some good service being performed at dealerships. Anyone else have a feel good story to share?

Edited by rolly

Happy to read this story, Rolly. The story you tell is honestly how we operate at my dealership. It's a family-owned store since 1927 in a small town. If you do somebody wrong around here, the word gets out in a heartbeat and there goes your business. If the car needs the work, so be it. If not - bring it back when it is due. If you hold a gun to peoples' heads, you might as well pull the trigger because either way, they're not coming back.

• Official Dodge Support

Today I took the Journey in for an alignment at the dealer. Too many times we complain about getting nickeled and dimed for unnessary services. That's one of the reasons why I went to a new dealer this time. As I was waiting in the customer lounge, a older couple came in and sat next to me. After 5-10 minutes one of the young service men came in and informed them that they had brought their vehicle in prematurely for their oil change. He explained that were not due for another 3,000 kilometres. If they wanted he would still change the oil but he didn't want them to spend money on something they didn't need. Needless to say they were quite impressed as was I. They told me they were going through some pretty rough times and had prayed for some good luck. It may be a small thing, but it sure brought a smile to their faces. I emailed the dealer and told them what I had witnessed and congratulated them on the good deed. It's nice to know that there is still some good service being performed at dealerships. Anyone else have a feel good story to share?

rolly,

Thanks for sharing this positive feedback. We certainly do have some good dealers in Essex County and surrounding area.

I've had the pleasure of getting to know a lot of the staff at almost every one and have been very impressed with their willingness to the put the Customer first and ensure their satisfaction.

Take care rolly !

. It's nice to know that there is still some good service being performed at dealerships. Anyone else have a feel good story to share?

Rolly

Thanks for the story, it is so nice to hear of a positive story about a dealer instead of a poor one. I, myself have a great dealer (small town just 45 miles east of here) that I have dealt with for over 20 years now. They have always given me such great service that I haven't even bothered with my two local dealers.

Terry

• 2 months later...

I'll give a thumbs up to Wellington Motors in Guelph ON. We had an issue with our 2008 Wrangler Unlimited burning oil, just a few months before the warranty expired. As per Chrysler instructions, they had to monitor oil consumption for several months (meaning, I had to keep bringing the car in at regular intervals so they could measure oil use and top it up again). This made me nervous as anything - I figured in the end they would find some way to deny the repair, either because the consumption was within their definition of "normal", or because the car had gone off warranty. They were good about it though - I would make an appointment, and then be in and out of there in about 20 min each time.

In the end it all worked out. Apparently it is a known issue and there was a series of the 3.8 motors that got the oil rings in upside down. Once they had the oil consumption data to give to Chrysler they replaced the rings quite quickly, and even gave me a rental over the weekend. The Jeep is now perfect again.

I have had similar good experiences with the parts desk at that dealership - just really good, efficient people.

Most recently we just purchased a 2014 Journey from them. The salesperson Dominic Pike was stellar - really knew his stuff and was not pushy or cheezy like some salesmen. I hate it when walk I into a showroom and find I know more technical details about the car than the salesperson, and they provide no service other than telling you what they think you want to hear and dreaming up ways to pressure you into a purchase.

We came in knowing what the invoice was on the car (carcost.ca), what factory incentives were available, and what a fair price would be. We got a price that we deemed appropriate (i.e. not MSRP but not zero dealer profit either!). No pressure no BS - perfect transaction.

Now, we'll just have to see how we like the Journey - I pick it up Thursday.

Edited by YellowDuck

Oh, another story from Wellington motors...

Back when we had a Jeep TJ that we had bought while living in the US, I had to bring it in to Wellington for an issue with water accumulating on the floor on the passenger side. The first available reception desk in the service bay was occupied by an attractive young female employee. Okay, I am *very* ashamed to admit this, but my initial reaction was "oh blast, I was hoping to speak to a knowledgeable person about this so I can get some idea what they think the problem is, not just fill out the work order and walk away, then wait for them to call me about it later."

My bad. I mentioned the problem and she immediately pronounces that it is known issue with that model year of Wrangler - a drain pipe for the AC system is too short and angled up at too steep an angle, so condensed water runs back along the tube and drips down onto the floor. There is a repair kit for it but we need to order it so would you like to leave the car here or just bring it back in tomorrow and we can fix it for you in a few minutes?

Awesome. Another blow to sexism....